Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Gingahbman

Gingahbman Senior member

All depends on your size. I personally love BOO, but it's rather slim.

2. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

I find that BoO and Rag & Bone are great for an athletic build (broad shoulders, narrow waist).

3. apparition

apparition Senior member

I thought I was the only one who likes BoO around here. BoO is awesome if you have a really slim build. Gitman Vintage is another good one along those lines as well. Fit isn't as slim, but the fabrics are better.

I generally only buy these brands for shirts for everyday wear since I like my shirts fitted and plus I'm skinny.

4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Uniqlo dress shirts are pretty good, better quality than my BoO, at least

5. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Persol has some similar frames, og Han Kjøbenhavn, også. Held og lykke med det.

6. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

BoO used to have a monopoly on the ultra slim fit, not anymore. There has to be at least 5 guys who do it in better fabrics, better buttons at a lower price point (WvG and TOJ come to mind immediately).

7. wurm

wurm Senior member

OK, apologies in advance as I know similar questions have probably been asked countless times before. Unfortunately forum searches are still quite rudimentary. Anyway, I'm looking for some new black skinny jeans. The criteria I'm looking for are slim/skinny fit (~6.5" - 7" hem) with some kind of stretch material (preferably polyurethane, but elastane is fine) and higher quality denim and construction (though it need not be super nice selvage, etc). I realize that there is plenty that fit this criteria. In fact, I was looking at N&F power stretch skinny guy or whatever and the price is definitely right on those...BUT I kind of like the idea of a bit more uniqueness to them (and am willing to pay more for such), even if it is not all that significant of a variance. I like these DBSS for example: http://zozotown.com/shop/midwest/goods.html?gid=1370044&did= .
    [​IMG]

I don't, however, really like the idea of paying over $250 for something not all that special that is non-returnable. The fit on those is precisely what I'm look for and the details are nice (albeit minor), though. J-shaped denim really intrigues me but I am not sure if such a thing exists that's not 100% cotton (I'm a sucker for immediate comfort without break-in). Also, I already own a pair of Acne Max Cash. I'm looking to replace them. I found the hem to be a tad wider than what I want. I would simply have them altered but I got a size too large as I thought sizing up would be a good idea. It wasn't, so the jeans are simply too big in general. Now I want something a bit different from that (especially since I own another pair of Acne Max's in a different wash).

8. Pal

Pal Member

I need quality shirts similar to these Headporter Plus ones in pattern and style, but available in the US. Price range is ~$100 or under. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Balenciaga has an 18cm cut that is pretty close to what it sounds like you want. I don't know what washes they have for s/s, but there's a black gabardine pair on Mr Porter (so you can try on for free), and they usually have a couple pairs with really great finishes each season. You can call the NY store, see what they have, and they'll ship to you, too. They're $475 though, so it may be out of your range. Used Dior 17.5cm would be another thing to look at, but there's no webshops in the US that I know of to try them on from and the retail price is even higher so you'd have to go used.

10. Samir

Samir Senior member

J. Crew is releasing the bright blue jacket in May for $228. It's probably wayyy overpriced for the quality, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not actually as slim as it looks. Anyone have recommendations for similar jackets with either lower prices or better quality? I live in the Southeast so I'm not looking for something heavy. The shorter length is key; looking at Norse Projects (a brand recommended in another thread) fit pics, their jackets run a little longer than what I'd want and they're not very slim.

The navy windbreaker from Our Legacy has a similar fit, but it's even more expensive (and sold out, anyway).

Hood and buttons are preferred.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012

11. derrida26

derrida26 Senior member

12. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

13. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

what are the pants you got on here? looks like a nice tapered fit. something i've been looking for

14. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

It's hard to remember, since I've had them for years, but I think they were these: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=22202&vid=1&pid=429899&scid=429899012

They have a ribbed fabric that doesn't really look like chino fabric - it looks and feels better, IMO. I had my tailor work on them to make them slimmer and more tapered.

******edit******

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012

15. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

ah ok. that makes sense bc BR def doesn't make cuts that nice haha. good to know