Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

out of these brands, what makes the better casual dress shirt?

acne
    BoO
    jil
    junya
    raf
    rag&bone
    geller

basically, i need some dressier shirts starting monday and i have zero experience with dress shirts (construction, quality, price point, fit)

the rag &bone ones off mrporter look great

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

3. theecaptain

theecaptain Well-Known Member

what is the quality of asos brand clothing? also how is fit?

4. effang

effang Senior member

any recommendations for high-quality simple/classic wool coats for the winter?

5. Tequila

Tequila Well-Known Member

Where can I get a loopwheeled burgundy crewneck sweater in medium (ie, 38" chest)? Samurai made one, but sadly it's sold out at BiG [​IMG]

On par with H&M and sometimes below. It's mostly hit and miss. Their basic tees are really thin and flimsy, but I still have some graphic ones which are of good quality. Shirts are pretty awful. Their jeans are shit too, but surprisingly enough their shorts are actually really durable and (mostly) look good. Expect a slim fit unless stated otherwise.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

If you want simple/classic I would recommend either getting a navy surplus pea coat or go to LL Bean and get a duffle coat. Both look great and you'll never be cold.

7. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Why don't you just buy some typical italian MC brand instead?
    I guess you're asking because of a new job so if you're going for classic, well constructed, proper fitting dress shirts you are probably going to get a hell of a better deal buying MC than doing SW fashion. The shirt is going to last through trends and will probably have superior quality for the price.
    But maybe that's not what you want?

8. theecaptain

theecaptain Well-Known Member

thanks for the response - i see they have free shipping and returns so i may just order and hope for the best

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

please spare me the ridicule but does anyone know of a good website to buy tom dean, ted baker, 7diamonds, Bugatchi at below retail

10. Saksen

Saksen Well-Known Member

I've forgotten the model and name of that classic brand, that offers sunglasses that look sort of like Ray-Ban Clubmasters. Any ideas?

11. regity

regity Member

Bought a pair of casual shoes with distressed look, but could not make out what the upper is made of. Anyone know what material is this and how to care for it? Wax/Polish? Oil?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

bump

13. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

anyone have recommendation for a nice black blazer?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  14. JustTheDoctor

JustTheDoctor Member

I originally made a thread for this question, but at the advice of Nereis, I'm posting it here. I'd still prefer you answer the question in my thread though, because it'll be less confusing, but any advice is greatly appreciated. (link - http://www.styleforum.net/t/290696/...sually-for-a-high-school-student#post_5255628)

Hi! I'm completely new to this forum (joined today), so I'm not to familiar as to where this topic would go, so I put it here. Sorry for any inconvenience.

So as the name suggests, I'm going to attempt to start occasionally wearing bowties to school.

Just a little background that I think will be helpful.

I do generally dress well for school no matter the occasion, and am considered by my friends to be the best dressed in the school. [​IMG] That being said, I don't think that wearing bowties to school will be too out there for me.

The main question is, how should I go about wearing a bowtie to school, and do you guys think I could pull it off? My avatar is a picture of me (I'm the guy).

My wardrobe as of now consists of several cardigans, blazers, and a vest, plus a variety of colors of V-Neck t-shirts. The cardigans are black, dark grey, and really light grey. The blazers are one navy blue, and one short sleeved light grey (this is the one I usually wear because it's more casual). My vest is a slightly darker grey than my blazer (not so dark as they don't match, but not exactly the same color either).

So what are your suggestions? Should I try it, how should I, what kind of bowtie(s) should I get, and should I add clothes to my wardrobe to match my cardigan? (I recently got a job so I should be able to afford low to mid priced clothing)

Thanks!

Oh and just as a note, I do realize that there's a couple other threads on this topic, but I wanted to make a new one so it'd be more personalized for me (sorry if that sounds kind of selfish).

15. Gingahbman

Gingahbman Senior member

I can't identify that, but that's really nice Crunch. Hope ya find it one day.