1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

From what I gather, 3sixteen slim-tapered has nearly the same cut as 19cm but a bit skinnier in the thigh? Hopefully someone else can confirm.

2. gorm

gorm New Member

hello

I invested in my first pair of proper grown up boots about 4/5 months ago and just wanted to check when should they be resoled. They seem to have 3 or 4 different layers of sole and i wasn't sure which layer would be the point of no return so to speak. is it the layer i'm currently working through or can i keep wearing them once I'm walking on the darker layer? sorry for the bad photo, best I could do

[​IMG]

3. BuffaloWang

BuffaloWang Senior member

Looking for a new backpack.

[​IMG]

Not sure worth getting?

4. Villalobos

Villalobos Well-Known Member

I want to start using a proxy service for Y! Japan that lets you do the bidding yourself. Anyone use one that they can recommend?

5. Kodiak

Kodiak Senior member

Not sure they make a size small enough for me, their size 28 (smallest) says it's waist is actually 29 inches...

6. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

What happened to the Official List of Online Stores?

7. Balio

Balio New Member

@ Gorm That second layer is a framing. If you plan to resole those you'll not want to hit that layer unless you really want to pay an arm and a leg as well as sound like a women who can't walk in heels while you clop around like a horse. Considering it is your first pair of grown up boots as you said, asking your local cobbler to form and stick a rubber sole is a bit different then asking for a new heel frame AND sole.

@ BlackSamurai30 You have to try on some different brands. Sporting some skinny jeans is all about accenting without looking like you are smuggling plums or have a constant wedge. I swear by a pair of bullheads for denims because of my build. (I have the build of a boxer.)

My first post and recent change of style choices for the new year. I recently changed from print shirts with solid shoes and ties to solid chalky colors and shoes like these.I would like the opinions of others outside my Appalachian paradise on wearing these as an accent anywhere else.

In my line of work I teeter the lines of informal business, I must make a bold statement and absolutely cannot look stuffy and aged. I breath new air into old businesses and must take on the appearance of "change" or "this is now."

Sometimes I feel they are over the top but I love the fading dual tone and compliments I get keep them on my feet.

Question is Can I get away with these outside of my home base?

[​IMG]

8. hennree

hennree Senior member

Looking for something to wear as my default everyday shoe (sneaker).

Are converse / vans frowned upon?

What would you recommend?

9. yessur

yessur Well-Known Member

Tailoring Suit Pants Q.

I bought a suit about 12 months ago from J.Crew. The pants i got were waist 33 regular fit.

I've lost a lot of weight since then and now i wear waist 32 slim fit.

So the 33 regular fit is very loose at the waist and baggy around the thighs.

How feasible/costly is it to ask my tailor to convert the 33 regular fit into 32 slim fit?

Cheers!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  10. Pilcrow

Pilcrow Active Member

How long do you think an untucked casual (OCBD, flannel) shirt should be (in terms of distance from/across the ass)? I can't tuck shirts in because I have a short torso and it looks ridiculous.

11. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Would that not be more of a reason to in fact tuck them?

I too have a short torso, short legs at least, and untucked shirts end at the bottom of my crotch generally. So I'm going to be shortening them. However when I do tuck them they're fine.

12. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Would that not be more of a reason to in fact tuck them?

I too have a short torso, short legs at least, and untucked shirts end at the bottom of my crotch generally. So I'm going to be shortening them. However when I do tuck them they're fine.

13. altruistic

altruistic New Member

I just bought a pair of Red Wing Beckmans in cigar, and I'm unsure if I want to polish them or use Obenaufs. Can someone show me a before and after picture, I can't seem to find one? Or help me decide which one to go with, as I live in Ohio and protecting from the weather is a factor.

14. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

I would have to agree with this logic. A short torso shouldn't cause tucking in a shirt to look wrong at all. How would it do so?

15. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

If you tuck everyone can see your short torso because we can see were it starts and ends (would need a really low pant rise to compensate this but not impossible),,, when untucked you cant see where the torso ends, make sense?

btw- torso does not include legs.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  16. Pilcrow

Pilcrow Active Member

It makes my torso look tiny and my legs ridiculously long. Looks like I'm wearing clown pants, with my pants up by my bellybutton. I'll try to take a picture sometime tomorrow.

17. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

true true. guess i didn't think about that much

18. coasters

coasters New Member

Want to get TOJ baseball but can't decide on a color. So, grey or tan? Why?

19. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

These are so terrible.

20. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

tan is way cooler