1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

find a better tailor.

2. ur8ansty7e

ur8ansty7e New Member

[​IMG]

Anyone know what brand is this sweater?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  3. jacket

jacket Senior member

brooks brothers alterations are largely free on black fleece suits, I have a great guy but the dude charges rather steeply, so I'd rather not spend $100 on basic alterations. Anybody have any actual experience with shifting the buttons?

4. AmericanLion

AmericanLion Well-Known Member

Express is having a 50% off sale is a suit worth buying for 210? Jacket and Trousers?

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Don't get a suit from Express.

1 person likes this.
  6. Gorecki

Gorecki Well-Known Member

Burberry is my wild guess. i have seen some in the burberry outlet not more than a few months ago and if my memory serves me correct they were rather similar to that one!

7. gotribe

gotribe Well-Known Member

So I bought these suede Quoddy chukkas from Mr. Porter a week or two ago- http://www.mrporter.com/product/324191

I had them sprayed with a suede stain protector and waterproofer right out of the box. I was helping with some food prep yesterday and a drop of oil dropped directly on the toebox. By the time I realized there was a dark nearly black stain in the middle of the toebox about 1/4 inch in diameter, devastating. I tried using cornstarch to lift up the stain then a tiny amount of white vinegar with little luck, a bit paranoid to overtreat and make things worse.

Do I have any hope of saving these via a professional shoe cleaner? I am traveling until next Monday so the soonest I will be able to see one is in 3 days, hoping that won't make it more difficult to treat as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. gotribe

gotribe Well-Known Member

So I bought these suede Quoddy chukkas from Mr. Porter a week or two ago- http://www.mrporter.com/product/324191

I had them sprayed with a suede stain protector and waterproofer right out of the box. I was helping with some food prep yesterday and a drop of oil dropped directly on the toebox. By the time I realized there was a dark nearly black stain in the middle of the toebox about 1/4 inch in diameter, devastating. I tried using cornstarch to lift up the stain then a tiny amount of white vinegar with no luck, a bit paranoid to overtreat and make things worse.

Do I have any hope of saving these via a professional shoe cleaner? I am traveling until next Monday so the soonest I will be able to see one is in 3 days, hoping that won't make it more difficult to treat as well.

[​IMG]

9. Jetter

Jetter Member

Anybody have a 15% off student discount code for Ralph Lauren Rugby online? Thanks!

10. azfono

azfono New Member

11. AmericanLion

AmericanLion Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone!

I am updating my closet and getting rid of all my hollister/express jeans and starting off with something more plain and simple. What would yall suggest in Levi's the 514 or the 501 shrink to fit? I tried them on and felt them in the store the other day and the 501's felt way more durable and raw if that makes any sense. Thanks!

12. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

i have a pair of desert boots that i want to get an extra set of eyelets added to the top. would i be able to get this done at a cobbler?

13. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I would try using a rubber eraser to try to get most of it out. Probably won't get all of it out but it will help. Then maybe use a suede brush after.

14. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

The 501 STF are raw. I haven't tried on 514s in a long time but I don't remember them fitting that slim. If you want a pair of cheap jeans you should maybe check out Uniqlo.

A cobbler should be able to do this.

15. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

edit: nvm got the answer

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  16. bala555

bala555 Well-Known Member

Will be in Chicago for the next few days, how are the sales at Barney's and other places that an SFer might care about?

17. masshi

masshi Senior member

^^ Anybody know what material that guy's cardigan is made out of and where I can get one like it?

18. alexthephallus

alexthephallus Active Member

How do you trade with someone securely? I'm pretty scared I'm gonna get screwed (over pretty expensive stuff)- so how do I prevent this?

19. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Does the seller have positive feedback?

Is he an active member?

Is he providing detailed pictures?

PayPal.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  20. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

DP.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012