1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

god i hate the cold.. anyone have any recommendations for some good 100% wool watch caps or something similar?
    dont want to spend too much..

2. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

Rothco, i just got one for 7 bucks on a military website. cant beat it

3. MonsieurLock

MonsieurLock Senior member

[​IMG]

Does anyone know who makes these two trousers / sweatpants and that sweater?

4. digga

digga Senior member

I don't think they should be tight in the toe box. Since you already have them, why don't you wear them and see what happens, if it doesn't stretch enough, buy a wider pair. I have always bought red wings so they fit comfortably when new, but I haven't had any of the heritage models.

5. Bateman87

Bateman87 Active Member

Can anyone direct me to some ~$500 leather jacket brands? I've been searching around for hours and everyone recommends TOJ, but it's a bit too much for me, plus the two month wait defeats the purpose a bit.

I'm looking for a slim fit urban style kind of jacket. Any pointers? Schott and Vanson weren't doing it for me.

6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

In that price range you're pretty much limited to B&S. There's a Geller for sale right now that fits your price range.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  7. RLG212

RLG212 Member

Can I wear black jeans with a navy peacoat?

8. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

are you sure you've seen all their models?
    the moto, collared moto, cwu-45 and the a-2 are all classic models, and are worth keeping an eye out for on B&S and sufu

9. confab

confab Well-Known Member

The pants on the right are made by Pvblic.

The top on the right is a jacket from Junya Watanabe's FW 2011 collection (photo).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  10. Bateman87

Bateman87 Active Member

Yea, I looked through them all and really like the collared moto, but it's too expensive for me right now and don't want to wait 2 months.

As for B&S, I have a rather uncommon size at 5'7", 115 lbs, so I gave up on used clothing a long time ago.

11. Wade

Wade Senior member

I'm a 7.5 in Nike, should i go with 39 or 40 in CPs?

12. dogboots

dogboots Member

how does Uniqlo compare to Lands End, American Apparel and J. Crew quality? I am in need of buying basic T's, and basic short sleeved polo's and I'm planning on getting A LOT. About 20 shirts as they will be my everyday casual wear. As of now, I have about 5 SS Polo's from Uniqlo and I really like the fit but if the other brands are better in terms of quality then I just might switch.

13. EdwardB

EdwardB Senior member

Lands End is basically garbage now. AA's fit is, more or less, pretty good, but low quality control on a lot of stuff and the fabric isn't too nice. J. Crew might be slightly better quality, but for the price differential (especially if you're buying in bulk), it isn't worth it.

14. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Senior member

How about a Schott? My advice would be waiting for a TOJ on B&S

15. moanin

moanin Member

Hi,

I'm french, so sorry for my english.

I bough the new Gap x GQ BLK DNM Slim Fit Jeans, anyway, I receive them today, and it's the first time I buy slim fit jeans ... I lost alot of weight, so I tough, why not !

So, my question is, is that normal that the material is stretchy? I actually don't mind it, just curious if it's like that for all slim fit.

thanks!

16. rexzors21

rexzors21 Well-Known Member

Looking to buy some boots around $400, looking at these ones currently, anyone got any suggestions?
    [​IMG]

17. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Just depends on what material they choose. It's not uncommon for skinnier cuts, but not required at all.

18. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

has anyone ever shopped something from "For-tomorrow"? It´s an australian online store. If so, was it a succesful experience?

19. moanin

moanin Member

Okay, I see ! It's just weird, they really look diff. then the pic on the web site ... I wish I could find somebody on the forum who bough them so I can compare !

thanks for the answer!

20. moanin

moanin Member

Actually, I made a tread but I'll ask it here also.

If anybody bough "Gap x GQ BLK DNM Slim Fit Jeans" and could take a pic of the front and back, that would be awesome. The one I got are so different from the web site.

thanks!