1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

Looking for the shirt below in medium - anyone know where I still may be able to find it? Nom de Guerre Utility shirt from S/S '10

Thanks [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ZhiMingBuFanDe

ZhiMingBuFanDe Senior member

Two questions:

Say I see an ad that advertises an outfit I particulary like. Is it standard procedure to go to one of the brands stores, bring them the ad, and ask for the outfit?

Secondly, is it possible to convert a single breasted jacket to a double breasted?

3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I keep thinking of a logo but I don't know what brand it is. It's a red and blue blob, maybe two googly eyes or something? I've seen it on a white shirt, anyone?

4. denimaddict

denimaddict Senior member

CdG? CdG PLAY? or something.

5. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

anyone know the quality of OC saddle shoes , does the heel wear dow quickly since its virtually non existent

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

CdG? CdG PLAY? or something.
    Perfect, that's the one. Thanks!

7. kevinbrownshakedown

kevinbrownshakedown Well-Known Member

Two questions:

Say I see an ad that advertises an outfit I particulary like. Is it standard procedure to go to one of the brands stores, bring them the ad, and ask for the outfit?

That sounds totally reasonable to me.

Probably not. The silhouette would be destroyed.

8. Guyute

Guyute Senior member

Looking for a shoe:

Rugged, yet casual enough for business (very) casual.
    Needs to be very comfortable because I will be on my feet a lot.
    Non slip.

I'd like something that will break in well also and look good with wear...

Been considering this:

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/cat...ctGroup=312875

9. Listi

Listi Senior member

very skinny tie, black, decent quality, silk, ~$50 price range a la dior homme [​IMG] reccomendations?

10. Jerm

Jerm Active Member

Where's the best place to buy American Apparel Ts now that TrendyBlanks doesn't carry them anymore?

11. RAM1988

RAM1988 Well-Known Member

samurai 710s or Iron Heart 301s? on the fence for my next purchase...

12. Kique

Kique Senior member

[​IMG] Any idea what jacket that is?

13. aizan

aizan Senior member

sammys if you're short (higher rise), iron hearts if you're tall (lower rise).

14. RAM1988

sammys if you're short (higher rise), iron hearts if you're tall (lower rise).

interesting rationale. At 6', I'd fall into the latter category. Nearly all the pics I've seen suggest the sammies age much better than the iron hearts (at least in an aesthetic that appeals to me). Should I take this into account more than the rise level?

thanks

15. snake

snake Senior member

[​IMG]
    Any idea what jacket that is?

sup kix

16. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

Are the newer RO trainers cheaper than previous seasons?

17. splattered

splattered Senior member

Weird question here... i have like like 5-10 cadet and duckbill pub style hats and i'm wondering what would be the best way to hang or store em like on a door/wall? I could always toss them in a bin or something but i don't have a ton of space in my small-ish room.

I thought about getting one of those old school expanding hat racks that people hang stuff on, but they don't seem to work that well from what i've tried.

I've discovered something called Caprack online but it looks like its made specifically for baseball style hats - none of which i actually own.

Does anyone here have any ideas as to how i could hang/organize teh hats without destroying their shape etc?

18. jaac

jaac Senior member

19. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Sounds like need to make a trek to see them and decide in person. I've handled both, and both are incredible jeans. Or buy them both and return one for store credit. You'll also need to live in both for a while before the real character comes out.

That denim is big-gun shit. If you're newer to heavyweight or raw denim in general, I'd say get the IH first because it's a more standard denim weave. The combination of huge texture and slub combined with the 19oz weight makes the Sams a pretty unusual pair of pants.

Would also suggest you wait a bit on Sams, as BiG will be bringing in the new 'Elemental' series - five different 17oz denim types in the S5000 straight cut, named after the elements (air, water, earth, etc). Sounds too cool.

20. RAM1988

thanks mlyngard. i'm definitely no expert w/ raw denim, but have owned a few pairs over the past few years (nudie, apc, flat head most recently). To that extent, I think i'd like to get my hands on a unique denim like the 710. Or, you bring up a good point on waiting for the elemental series. do we have any idea when BiG should be getting these?

thanks again