1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Shryke

Shryke Senior member

Do we really want someone like that to stick around?

He asked for help, you gave him polite, constructive help, and he told you to fuck off!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

:sarcasm:

There's a whole thread called "shoulder I or shouldn't I buy" that you frequently post in, so I don't even know what that bit was supposed to be about.

3. BuffaloWang

BuffaloWang Senior member

What brands should I look for used leather jackets? Pit 18-19".
    Or should I just wait till I have more money? Want to spend ~100

4. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Not quite sure what part of my post "that bit" refers too, but guessing it's "...misunderstood what kind of forum..."
    The majority who post in "should I or shouldn't I" there post in waywt as well, meaning that they have seen my fits and style
    Seen several responses similar to mine when others have asked for advice

sorry man, but you won't get any good leather-jacket for 100 [​IMG]
    save up another 300-400 and get a toj from B&S

5. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

VLSI is saying that it's the pot calling the kettle black. You post in the "should I or shouldn't I" thread and now you are telling this guy that he is posting in the wrong forums because he is doing the same thing you do in the other thread.

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Paging Jet, RFX and SQ....

7. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Yeah that much I got, but I still feel like I have a point.
    By "...misunderstood what kind of forum..." I meant that it doesn't work very well posting some random shirt in an "ask a question"-thread simply asking: "should I get it?", since we have no idea how he dresses or even what brand the shirt is, meaning we're not really qualified to say whether or not he should. (This might work in the MC-part of the forum since there are more general rules and opinions there, but this is SW&D)

8. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

Sizing for doc martens? Let's just say with wool socks

9. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Sizing for L/S htech tops qua uniqlo

its getting cold in the NE

1 person likes this.
  10. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

Short arms but generally tts

11. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Senior member

I got what I wear in converse and it works. Make sure to convert for UK sizing though. UK 8 = US 9. so if you wear a 9 in chucks get an 8 in docs.

1 person likes this.
  12. Cold Storage

Cold Storage Member

Is this an authentic Belstaff? Id be surprised if it was fake but have never seen that particular label. Thanks for any help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Bartender

Bartender Well-Known Member

I want a pair of side-zips, but my budget is <$300, anyone know any good places to sift through other than B&S and yoox?

14. emilo

emilo Senior member

MMM side-zip boots. What are the sizing on them? I am normally a 42, but I am contemplating whether a pair of UK 7.5 (41) boots would be too small. Anyone's got any experience with the MMM boot sizing?

15. ltwop

ltwop New Member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  16. bitesize

bitesize Member

I have muscular thighs, so skinny fits make it look like I'm wearing a diaper. Even Slim-Straight seems to be a little tight around the thighs, and even if I go for them, the leg & leg opening are a bit too wide for what I'm looking for. Is a "tapered" jean the thing I'm looking for? Any recommendations? (Levi's seems to only have tapered that is "slouchy on top")

17. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Most slim straight jeans have a slight taper from the knee to ankle. If they're tight on the thighs for you, then I'm not sure a tapered jean will work for you unless it's one with a slouchier top. You can take a look at the Naked and Famous Weird Guy and see if it fits you.

18. bitesize

bitesize Member

Does that mean I'm forever condemned to have the legs a real man should have and no way to show off my butt? :)

19. Wade

Wade Senior member

^Imperial Shearers have space for thighs and have small leg opening. Go to Self Edge and look at the measurements to see if you'd like them

20. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Who does yoox use to ship products in the US? I need the item held for pickup as I will be out of town. I think it was UPS? Or was that only returns?

1 person likes this.