1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. reedobandito

reedobandito Distinguished Member

Are any stores still stocking the basic Thom Browne white OCBD right now? Or are they all sold out? Looking for a TB1

2. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

Call Barneys, then should be able to find one for you. The canadian seller on eBay may have some as well.

3. VLSI

VLSI Distinguished Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011

4. reedobandito

I heard some people say on the forums that the canadian dude is selling fakes, that's why no one buys his shirts

5. Meis

Meis Distinguished Member

Yeah, I'd stay away from that guy... He always has the same stuff in stock, new, basic colors, multiple sizes, etc. Pretty sure its not real

Anyway-

Couple repair-related questions

-Unfortunately my SS scarf has a rip/snag (about 3in long) that needs to be repaired. Would a tailor be able to mend it? Other idea(s)?

-Bottom toggle from my coat fell off in the snow, couldn't find it, so now I need to replace it (its the bottom toggle) and of course it didn't come with an extra.
    Trying to decide if I should either - find one that looks as simlar as possible to the rest, or... since it's going to be impossible to find one that's identical, get one that contrasts. Thoughts?
    This coat -
    [​IMG]

6. dnna1

dnna1 Senior Member

New Rick Owens leather in size medium is a little big/long in arms, but the size small I can't even zip up. Is it possible to take it to a tailor or too risky? What should I do?

7. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

Thanks for the heads up, makes sense I guess. Park and Bond had Thom Browne for super cheap once you factor in the Amex deal but almost all sizes are gone.

8. reedobandito

Their plain white OCBD seems to have disappeared sorta, and they've yet to put it on sale....waiting game I guess

9. philie

philie Senior Member

does anyone know a more inexpensive sunglass with the same look than this one?
    thanks!

[​IMG]

10. Kensington

Kensington Distinguished Member

What's the quality on Gant Rugger suits/jackets? Are the worth the price? From what I can tell they look like they are made in South America.

11. CDHagg

CDHagg Distinguished Member

And would rolling up the cuff to show a bit of ankle (like in the picture) be a bad move with black wax jeans + dress shirt? What about with dress pants + blazer?

And finally the shoes. I was thinking about ordering the black shoes in the picture above since I have the grey ones and I love them. Here's a closer look:

http://files.tradoria.de/360b66f0ba...e/images/22edc86ea939e00336e0e8a441ee0a2d.jpg

Yes, the wrinkles are part of the style but in some pictures it looks really smooth. If they really come that wrinkly I don't know if that'll be the best pair of shoes to wear. Or I can go bold with these:

http://ugc.burton.kontain.com/photo...f5-e13e-4614-9eb4-c6c7d2a28ab4/tb_640x480.jpg

So yea that's a little of what I had in mind. I don't want to look too overdressed but I don't want to look like I didn't put any thought into my outfit. I'm only 5'7, really skinny and look really young if that matters. I admit I'd look at a kid strange if they walked around dressed super nice. Just doesn't look right.

I won't have a lot of time to shop so I'll be heading to a mall and probably getting my clothes from H&M or ZARA's. Yea, I know, way below forum standards but I'm not trying to spend too much money on an outfit I'm only going to wear once in a while.

TIA.

I can't view those photos, but if you save a photo on your computer you can post it from your hard drive without a problem.

I have one comment: Don't untuck your shirt. It makes you look behind the times, because untucked shirts are behind the times. Go with slim clothing and tuck in the shirt-that's how it's done these days.

Read GQ much? Watch many runway shows? If not, get started-it'll help you figure out what looks good and what is trendy.

12. CDHagg

CDHagg Distinguished Member

It could stand to have more room in the chest area. The problem is that off-the-rack shirts won't ever fit you perfectly, so in order to get the majority of dimensions correct you have to live with a few areas that don't fit well. If you return the shirt and get a size larger, it will feel better in the chest/back area (like it should), but the sleeves, waist, and arm-holes won't look as sharp. The choice-between comfort and style-is up to you.
    You could also get a size larger and get a tailor to slim the sleeves and waist-if you're that serious about it.

13. Valmak

Valmak Senior Member

what shirt is birdman wearing? looks like flathead...

[ATTACHMENT=1435]Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 4.32.40 PM.png (72k. png file)[/ATTACHMENT]

14. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Distinguished Member

Have you looked?

britex, jo-ann fabrics

15. iroh

iroh Distinguished Member

looking for slim fit linen t shirts and linen shorts and linen pants, suggestions on where to buy?