Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Clenjamin

Clenjamin New Member

[​IMG]

What are the 2 shirts hes wearing? i need the white tee to be longer then the grey one thats why im asking.

2. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

Hi guys,
    What colour chinos or trousers should I match with a navy Oxford shirt? And what colour footwear matches with the navy shirt?

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

What socks with dark brown CPs and jeans or chinos?

When washing shirts, buttoned up or left unbuttoned?

*edit* To the above question: any variation of khaki or brown should work well with a navy shirt. Don't try to match your shoes to your shirt, but white or brown should work for you.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011

4. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

alright... thanks...was thinking the same combo as you:slayer:

5. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I'm looking for 2 pairs of denim, one in black the other in grey or olive. I'll spend $ on raw denim, but from what I understand you can get away with cheap jeans in these colors, especially black. That said, since there's no uniqlo close by, is H&M probably the best bet? I'm looking for a fit that's a little narrower below the knee than N&F weird guys, with a slightly higher rise.

6. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

8. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Thanks a lot, looks like exactly what I want. Shoes I want them for are very similar to yours, and I'm not really looking for any fades at all with black denim.

9. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

:fonz: those are the f+b 745's I sold not too long ago

10. Physique123

Physique123 Member

What are some company's/brands for clothing(of course) that are considered great quality, and worth investing money into?

I'm 16 years old, and I've watched countless amounts of money put into clothing, only for that clothing too see clothing drives shortly after due to the fit changing after couple washes, tearing, etc. I've come to learn that sometimes when you buy something, seeking long-term value rather than just a cheap initial purchase can save SO much money in the long run. So please, if you guys could direct me too high quality brands, brands that actually care about the clothes they make, please educate me and steer me into the right direction.

11. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

For the stuff with REAL long term value, there's really not a lot of point investing in it when you're 16. Your body and your sense of style are going to change enough in the next 5-10 years that there's not a lot of reason to spend the money on clothes that will last you a life time,

As for stuff thats just not crap, you should be more specific about what youe style is. There are too many brands to name. If I were 16, and wanted to invest money in clothes, I would buy a pair of good jeans (APC and Naked and Famous are good jeans at a reasonable price point, but make sure to read the threads about them if you've never had any raw jeans) and some good shoes. If you've got 300 or so bucks, a pair of Red Wing Gentleman Travelers will last you a lifetime and will weather a few changes in fashion.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

my feet grew between the ages of 16-18 so I wouldn't kop nice shoes

13. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

Where can I find some nice chinos? Preferably wool, but whatever.

I want them to be very slim. I'm a 26 in APC PS and am looking for a fit a bit looser than this (not skin tight). I've got some W+H pants that are close to what I like, but haven't had a chance to try much else on.

Thanks!

14. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Are you looking for work or casual? Grown and Sewn are really good casual chinos with a nice fit. Similar to a slim straight jeans fit. Probably not appropriate in any context where jeans wouldn't be. I bought mine at Nordstrom and I've seen them at Barneys as well.

15. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

Casual mostly. I'll give those a look, thanks.