1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Amizerek42

Amizerek42 Member

Can someone recommend me a quality slim fitting gingham button down. I searched online and have seen some by J Crew, Rugby, and a nice short sleeve by J Lindeberg but haven't been able to try them on. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Rolfi

Rolfi Senior member

Amizerek - you could try the TOJ house cut, they have a decent selection of gingham patterns check the fabrics selection
    I really love the Abercrombie plaid long sleeve shirts.... I *could* get 4, but would that be too many? The 4 I like *kinda* all look the same.
    first of all why would you want to buy 4 pieces of the same article of clothing if they all look alike. secondly if they have any kind of branding whatsoever that would indicate that you shopped for these items at that horrible establishment you should still get them and then proceed to burn them in a fire [​IMG] just my $0.02

3. GlenCoe

GlenCoe Senior member

4. ArteEtLabore14

ArteEtLabore14 Senior member

khaki or navy? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Khaki.

5. ArteEtLabore14

What color belt to wear with navy shoes? Specifically, navy top-siders with white soles? Thanks!

6. bencho

bencho Well-Known Member

Two questions:

1 - What brown belt for my jeans? Somet 003 size 28. I'm 5'7". I've been looking all around and cannot decide what will look ok.

2 - What are some good casual fitted t-shirts? I usually just wear calvin klein or armani exchange black undershirts when I want to throw on a plain t. They are a little on the loser side and I'm looking for some colour and slimmer fit.

7. ArteEtLabore14

Two questions:

1 - What brown belt for my jeans? Somet 003 size 28. I'm 5'7". I've been looking all around and cannot decide what will look ok.

2 - What are some good casual fitted t-shirts? I usually just wear calvin klein or armani exchange black undershirts when I want to throw on a plain t. They are a little on the loser side and I'm looking for some colour and slimmer fit.

Freudian slip? lawl.

8. bencho

bencho Well-Known Member

I meant "looser" .... Ha. Ha haa. .......

9. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

khaki or navy? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Neither.

10. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

What color belt to wear with navy shoes? Specifically, navy top-siders with white soles? Thanks!

PM KelvinSense, he's got a pair. Two great pics below but can't see the belt. Also, total plug here but I've got some navy ribbon belts for sale for $20. I'd suggest something random otherwise like beige, or red, or whatever.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Ermac

Ermac Senior member

I'm looking to buy a pair of Slim Jims in Dry Japan. Where's the best/cheapest place to get them online?

12. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I'm looking to buy a pair of Slim Jims in Dry Japan. Where's the best/cheapest place to get them online?
    I got some good gently used ones off the B&S around here. Ebay might have some too. For new ones, check revolve, context, and selfedge, maybe farinelli's? I think a UK shop ollopolli or something... They generally go for around $150 +/- $25 if I remember correctly, maybe a bit more. Not sure if it's just my pair or not, but they seem to have a rather green tinge, like a teal shade to them, just mentioning. I've got the ecru combo's as well and the're a clear navy blue. I've seen some of their thicker denim ones, I think selvedge ones, and they've also got a bit of a greenish grey tinge to the blue. The dry blacks incase you care looks like a dark charcoal to black color. not mine, but just incase - http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=175143

13. Eason

Eason Senior member

If I'm a 31 waist, usually buying raw jeans sizing down 1 to 30, and wearing 31 in UNIQLO's jeans/pants, will either a size 28 or size 30 MII Dior raw indigo 19cm fit me? Couldn't find much about the stretch or measurements.

14. Bring The Noise

Bring The Noise Senior member

If I'm a 31 waist, usually buying raw jeans sizing down 1 to 30, and wearing 31 in UNIQLO's jeans/pants, will either a size 28 or size 30 MII Dior raw indigo 19cm fit me? Couldn't find much about the stretch or measurements.
    FWIW, im pretty much a 30 all across the board and the 29 washed were hella tight, but the 29 MIJ 19cm were perfect. 28 would probably be too tight...prob shuld go for a 29.

15. Eason

Eason Senior member

Gay, no 29's! Thanks.

16. aizan

aizan Senior member

any good sources for poplin trousers? i'm looking for regular rise (NOT low rise) with a flat front, in a variety of colors: taupe, navy, grays, black...

17. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

khaki or navy? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Definitly the navy one! Looks great.

18. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

I just bought the mint green MMM trainers from oki-ni and i love them! Im looking for the white hitop MMM trainers but oki ni doesnt carry them, wheres the best place to kop????

19. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

What laced boots have a similar silhouette compared to Redwing 2268s? Needs the heel height as well. I'm asking as the 2268s themselves don't quite agree with my feet and press down too hard on the top of my left foot, but I need a big fucking boot to wear with my jeans.

20. Joe P.

Joe P. New Member

I have a quick question.

Are jeans that stop at a point on the boots OK? Or do they have to go down past them?

I have a pair of jeans that, when barefoot, sit about exactly at the very bottom of my heel, going very slightly past the foot. But when wearing a pair of boots they only go so far down the boot, not even to the top of my heel. This may be because the leg opening is 7.8 inches. Is this wrong or OK?