Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. themaskedcorndog

themaskedcorndog Senior member

2. themaskedcorndog

themaskedcorndog Senior member

p.s. is it a sign of shittiness if a belt stretches out a good amount? or is this just how belts work

3. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

do they sell wings+horns in COOP?

4. nakokoro

nakokoro Well-Known Member

I'm looking for some slim shorts, something like chino shorts. Any suggestions on where to find some that won't break the bank? As a reference (from TheSartorialist):
    [​IMG]
    tia

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

What's the consensus on tucking in shirts? I'm referring to plain shirts (solid colored, non dress). I always tuck them in when I wear a blazer, but untuck them when wearing with jeans. I generally tuck them in with chinos but feel it looks too preppy, depending on where I'm going. Can you wear shirts untucked with chinos or does it look too sloppy?

6. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

do they sell wings+horns in COOP?

the one near me does

7. eightfour

eightfour Member

Do these glasses suit my face?

[​IMG]

Or would another type suit my face better? Thanks in advance.

8. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I'm looking for some slim shorts, something like chino shorts. Any suggestions on where to find some that won't break the bank? As a reference (from TheSartorialist): [​IMG] tia
    just bought some shorts at j. crew... they were ~$60 each. slim leg opening, 9"-11" inseam. Also, seersucker shorts are great for the upcoming weather. Their lightweight chino shorts are also quite lightweight as well.
    Do these glasses suit my face?
    they look fine.
    What's the consensus on tucking in shirts? I'm referring to plain shirts (solid colored, non dress). I always tuck them in when I wear a blazer, but untuck them when wearing with jeans. I generally tuck them in with chinos but feel it looks too preppy, depending on where I'm going. Can you wear shirts untucked with chinos or does it look too sloppy?
    I do all the time. Mostly for me, it depends on (a) the cut of the chino, and (b) the cut of the shirt. The slimmer for either, the better I feel about wearing it open. Also, If it's a rounded bottom to the shirt, it's meant to be tucked (I use that as a rule of thumb, but YMMV). For example, I tuck my Band of Outsiders oxford in sometimes, and leave it out others, depending on my mood, the pants (denim I try not to tuck shirts into, but sometimes I do...)... in the end it's based on whether you think you can pull it off, and how you feel that day. for the most part, you can do either and it will look fine. Question of my own: What should I wear with shorts? T shirt, Polo, gingham, OCBD? I'm trying to decide how to take my summer clothing, but unsure as to how to approach it. T shirts seem rather casual, but in the end that's the look i'm going for (aka boat shoes or sneaks). Polos work as well, but I don't know if ginghams or another shirt that I completely missed would look infinitely better. Thanks

9. Blogiversum

Blogiversum New Member

I just bought a Levis Trucker Jacket from the RedTab Collection today.

Can someone point me to some photos showing how to pull of a nice look?
    Was thinking of a shirt and grey jeans. Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help! [​IMG]

10. max_r

max_r Senior member

How are the fit of my jeans? They seem a bit too tight in the calves area. Whenever I wear them, it always end up looking like the first picture, they bunch up in the middle for some reason so I have to pull them down again.

my jeans used to bunch up at the knee when they were stiff, once they relax a bit and soften up from wear, they'll stop bunching up. i think this is why people usually wait a while to hem their pants, because the length seems to fall differently depending on how worn in they are.

11. Guyute

Guyute Senior member

Anyone know of any Natural Leather goods companies comparable to Tanner Goods but perhaps a little more affordable? I'm looking for some standard belts an wallets that will age nicely and wont cost me too much... Thanks for input.

12. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

^unlucky. search unlucky appreciation thread. or google "corter"

13. snake

snake Senior member

How do MMM sneakers size, TTS?

14. jabberwock1977

jabberwock1977 Senior member

Samurai Zero denim shrinkage query:

Will my S5000BKs shrink much more in length after another hot soak? I've given them one 1hr hot soak and they've gone from 38" to 36". Just wondering if they'll benefit much from another soak before I get them hemmed.

15. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

anyone know the answer to my question though? I think the cheapest I've seen might have been $200 by Damir Doma.. but that probably sold out.

there's imitation stuff on ebay