Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. siabani

siabani Member

After how many posts may I post in the classifieds?

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

"New members must wait 45 days in order to be able to post. This is to cut down on spam and to acclimatize sellers to Styleforum’s norms. You may bypass this requirement by buying into a premium seller option."

3. Biggskip

Biggskip Distinguished Member

Yes, TTS.

4. Panzer

Panzer Well-Known Member

Thanks, though I live in UK and haven't been able to find any of these in any shops near me! Can't find any online either, could you point me to a couple of online stores that might have it?

5. Master Milano

Master Milano Distinguished Member

Does anyone know a pair of jeans that fit sort of like diors, nice stacking, made in italy, only 180 made and have some polka dot prints near the calves?

i picked up a pair yesterday at a thrift shop but am curious as to what the brand is...

6. lesamourai

lesamourai Distinguished Member

I need recommendations for a fall jacket, $300 or less. Preferably in grey.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

7. Master Milano

my 3sixteens fit like a bootcut, the knee is half an inch smaller than the opening, can someone recommend a tailor to get the opening smaller?

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

Sounds neat. You should definitely post pics in the thrift store bragging thread. Probably much more likely to get an answer there.

It sounds like some crazy Etro concoction to me...(then again, the tags would be pretty prominent).

9. Master Milano

Noobizor, pics to come.

For now, is a pair of raw denim singular or plural?

A pair of jeans is plural right?

Strange question, but my college application essay is about raw denim so it's kind of important i don't keep switching between singular and plural.

10. CalTex

CalTex Distinguished Member

wrong thread

11. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

:D Pair is almost always treated as singular; the exception is when each item of the pair is being considered individually, acting individually.

12. Master Milano

gotchuu

13. curzon

curzon Distinguished Member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

Of course here at SF B&S. For jeans look at Lands End Canvas. I picked up a few pair on sale for less than $12 each. Nice shirts and sweaters too. For shirts, and assuming you live at a place with autumn and winter, buy used Pendleton's woven wool ones on ebay for $10-20. Really well made. You can also find good deals on sweaters and jackets. I've picked up several BB cashmere sweaters for $25-40. Sometimes you even find new RRL jeans at your price. At your price point the common recommendation is Clarks desert boots, but it's become so predictable, so look at Clarks desert trek. When I visit shops it's just to try items on to check fit, then I wait for the online sale or kop from ebay.

14. robkez313

robkez313 Senior Member

15. adric10

adric10 Member

Hey -- so I'm new to this forum, and decided to start getting clothes that fit better, but I still don't have a superb eye for fashion... so I've got a question. I'm in the market for a medium-weight jacket and saw this field mechanics jacket in Jcrew yesterday.

The clerk got confused, and I ended up getting it for 50% off, which is pretty sweet, but I'm not 100% convinced by it. I'm curious what you guys think of how it fits. I bought a small. I'm 5'11 and 175 (40chest) and the medium was way too big. The arms on the small are the right length, but its is a *little* tight in the shoulders. Movement is a little restricted, but not too bad. Does it look tight? Also curious what you guys think of the jacket overall. Tags are still on, so it can still go back.

Or does anyone have a suggestion for another medium-weight jacket that'll look good with a v-neck and a scarf? I'm in the central Pennsylvania with no good shopping around, so it'll have to be something I can order (and easily return) online.

[​IMG][​IMG]