Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

Quote:
    thanks.. yeah i didn't even think of those. Not a fan of the uniqlo vest, but when i saw the +J vest, it did look pretty nice. I'll have to check one of those out.

2. wwulf

wwulf Senior member

What are some good boots that go with slim, coated black jeans?

I don't think black jeans would go well with brown/dark brown boots, but unfortunately that's the most common color.

I've looked at F+B, ZARA (pictured), Wolverine 1000, Red Wing, can't find anything great.

I'm looking for a slimmer silhouetted boot, possibly brogue, that is preferably made of nubuck (for winter), but leather is acceptable.
    (Budget is preferably under $200, college student here, but recommend anything that fits description).

Any ideas?

[​IMG]

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

See if someone will proxy one of the 3Sixteen boiled wool ones for you.

4. tradernick

tradernick Senior member

This isn't the thread for it. All I can tell you is that I used to spend a whole lot of time (too much time probably) perusing the Classifieds and because of the changes, I don't spend nearly as much time now. Sorry, that's just my $0.02. I am a big SF fan and I had no problem with them trying to monetize the site, but the rollout was an unmitigated disaster and whoever they claim to have had doing 'pre-testing' of the beta site must have been folks who never spent two minutes here. There's still stuff that doesn't work right/is counter-intuitive. It's not all bad but just doesn't work so well for me any more. I come here when I need something specific now.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011

5. tradernick

tradernick Senior member

If you're located at or near a major centre, try to go downtown or to a higher-end mall and spend a few hours looking around. Write down some names. I get the sense that you will be looking for at least some stuff on the Streetwear and Denim side. If you live far away from a major centre, it'll make it harder for sure. One way or another you'll have to invest some time, I think.

6. Panzer

Panzer Well-Known Member

7. CWRUSteez

CWRUSteez Active Member

^
    It's a Ben Sherman shirt
    those kind of pastel colorblock shirts were really popular last spring, so you should be able to find some nicer ones on sale at larger department stores. I think I saw some by Gant at Saks not too long ago

8. replicat0r

replicat0r Well-Known Member

where can I find a pair of boots like this that is under 300 bucks??

these are butteros but they are bout 2 yrs back.

[​IMG]

High rise bout 7 or 8 inches. low profile toebox and a sleek silhouette!!

9. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Has anyone shopped at oipolloi recently? I'm trying to buy something using paypal but there is no selection for it. I e-mailed them but it is 1AM in England so they prob won't get back to me until tomorrow. The Paypal logo is on their website and the last time I purchased something I was able to use it. Anyone? hey thanks!

10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Is it possible to shorten the leather sleeves on a varsity jacket? It may be my only option, as TOJ has discontinued my casual grail jacket. :(

11. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

Looking for a winter coat for Canadian weather. It has to be less than $400, unique (something not overdone like a peacoat) and slim fitting. Some things that I like are fur linings in the collar and mainly looking for something that will contrast deep indigo jeans and a brown backpack so maybe grey. If I can find a coat warm enough then a coat cut like a blazer. I wear lots of low-medium weight sweaters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :nodding:

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

It wouldn't be an easy job, you'd have to really trust whoever is doing it not to fuck it up (and you should find someone who specializes in leather, not your corner drycleaner)

13. ustudent

ustudent Well-Known Member

Live in a pretty cold town - London, Ontario - and need my fall & winter gear.

Both for Fall & Winter, I need some good outerwear. Student Budget. Looking for things that will work with everything.

Jacket or Coat? What stores/brands? What color?

14. transient

transient Senior member

Seconded. I need to find a plebish version of these.

*EDIT* To answer my own question. All Saints option. Captoe and side zip but at least it isn't distressed too much.

15. Vague Traces

Vague Traces New Member

Hey there. Just wondering if the Varvatos Converse shoes run true to size. I'm a 10/10.5.

TIA, Michael