Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

cross-post

I just got my first pair of raw denim from blueowl, Unbranded Tapered, and they fit exactly how I want them to when I first tried them on. I can fit one hand in the waist and can pinch about half an inch on the thighs while wearing them. How much are they going to stretch out? Will washing them put them back in shape? Should I return for a size smaller?

2. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Thanks for the links, nothing quite like I'm looking for but I appreciate it.

yeah, really trying to avoid J Crew as that is the only thing I don't like about the fatigue jacket. If I can get over the J Crew aspect of it I'll just wear the fatigue jacket I already have I think.

Closest thing I've found is the Real McCoy's M-65 jacket but at $750 for a M-65 style jacket it's pretty pricey....and I still like the styling of the J Crew version better. If it was the perfect jacket I'd be willing to drop for it...but it's not quite there.

3. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Senior member

Epaulet has a brown, double-prong belt:

Brown Chromexcel Double Prong Belt

[​IMG]

4. Superfluous Man

Superfluous Man Senior member

I'm going to a pinning ceremony and graduation first week of November. The ladies are wearing cocktail dresses, men are pretty free to wear whatever. It's probably going to be warm, in the 80's. Not sure how to dress for this? I'm 23, fwiw.

5. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

i got one of those at the end of this month in bumfuck, oklahoma. invitation said formalwear or a dark suit so im just gonna suit up

6. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Senior member

Any threads or info dedicated to menswear SLR camera straps? thanks!

7. dune

dune Senior member

Looking for a new leather jacket. Anything decent under 200 euros that I can find online?

8. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Was going to pick one of these up. I'm 6' tall, 38" chest, and 170 lbs, so I'm guessing medium. Is this a good choice for a fall/spring jacket that'll last a couple years?

9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Filson fits really large. I have a 44" chest and I wear a medium in Filson. As for the durability, you'll be able to pass it on to your kids. Look up Crane's Country Store (there's an affiliate thread on SF somwhere). You can usually call them order Filson, and they will take 10-15% off MSRP. They can't put those prices up on the website because Filson doesn't like it.

10. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Thanks, I'll check that out. This model is Levi's x Filson, it apparently runs really small.

11. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

where to kop basic turtlenecks?

12. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

lmao. this is pathetic.

"i looove the jacket, but it's jcrew and only plebes wear jcrew"

13. slide13

slide13 Senior member

It's a little more than that really, just didn't want to get into it. The construction is mediocre at best (buttons are all about ready to fall off, fabric has an odd hand to it that I don't care for, etc.) but also I just don't like the ubiquity of J Crew. Tons of people wear it, which is fine, it's decent looking stuff for the most part, I just prefer to find things that aren't quite so common for myself. I enjoy supporting smaller brands (and domestic production when possible) and items that I'm less likely to see someone else wearing around here. If that is pathetic then so be it, that is just how I feel about it.

oh yeah...and the thing that really annoys me about this jacket is the zipper starts all the way at the bottom. Most jackets I have have the zipper start a little ways up from the bottom hem. Evidently I have a fat ass or something because the medium is great in the shoulders, generous in the chest and body, but really tight at the bottom hem. So, i tend to button a couple buttons in the middle and leave it unzipped. I'd like one that zips in a more comfortable fashion for me. So when I said the only thing that bothers me is that it's J Crew....well, I guess that isn't entirely correct....it's one of the things that bothers me.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Beg the overlords

Ebay Band of Outsiders or Billy Reid, they're plentiful

I would be shocked if Urban Outfitters didn't have a $20 hoodie like that

If you still need it, PM me, I might be up for it

How much do you have to spend? Burberry tends to have similar

Just ask Jay, he knows his stuff

Seersucker suit

15. Strak

Strak Member

Hi guys,

With winter coming I am looking for a pair of good boots. My shoe wardrobe currently consists of a pair of black cap toe oxfords, brown leather desert boots and a pair of blue suede sneakers. I'm trying to gradually upgrade my wardrobe with some useful pieces. What would you recommend me as my first real boot? I was thinking of some brown cap toe boots or maybe a pair with some brogueing. Until now I came up with three options, although the Alfred Sargent is a bit above my budget. Oh, I live in Amsterdam by the way so american brands may be not the best option for me.

Alfred Sargent Cambridge
    http://alfredsargent.co.uk/exclusive-range/cambridge/

Herring Keswick
    http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produ...10&selectedSizeid=9&selectedFitid=2&seconds=0

Loake Burford
    http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/223.php

What would you recommend me? Am I thinking in the right direction or would you recommend me something else? Hope you can help me decide a bit.

Thanks in advance!