Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. A.Rhyming.Ape

A.Rhyming.Ape Member

I just bought my first pair of raw selvedge jeans. Unbranded Indigo Tapered sold by Urban Outfitters.

Seriously confused about what to do now. Do I have to put them on and get in a tub full of water? Should I just start wearing them as they are? Do I have to machine wash them once first?

It was a bitch to get them on. Will they get looser with time? I bought size 33 and they fit my thighs tight but I my waist loose. Also the rise is very high.

2. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

I just picked up a G-Star flannel shirt at a thrift store by my house, I'm totally in love with it and I wanna stock up. Problem is G-Star likes to use the most confusing codes in the world for their clothes.

It's a blue/white plaid flannel shirt with a zipper as well as buttons. The collar is fitted like a leather jacket or hoody and there is a little Velcro watch patch on the wrist. The breast pocket reads G.5204-GS, but alas, a google search of that code leaves me with nothing.

Anyone know what I have?

3. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

I just picked up a G-Star flannel shirt at a thrift store by my house, I'm totally in love with it and I wanna stock up. Problem is G-Star likes to use the most confusing codes in the world for their clothes.

It's a blue/white plaid flannel shirt with a zipper as well as buttons. The collar is fitted like a leather jacket or hoody and there is a little Velcro watch patch on the wrist. The breast pocket reads G.5204-GS, but alas, a google search of that code leaves me with nothing.

Anyone know what I have?

4. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

Anyone know what I have?

5. d-nice

d-nice Senior member

^ yes, a shitty flannel.

6. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

And a triple post apparently...wtf happened there?

Any recommendations for a not shitty flannel? I've never worn any since I live in Seattle and I don't have to tell you that if you are a teenage wearing flannel in Seattle you look like the biggest wang in the world...but I fucking love this shirt, and if this is what crappy flannel feels like, then I can only imagine nice flannel.

7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

If they are loose in the waist then I would take them somewhere where they can bring in the waist. Or just slap a belt on and start wearing them. They'll stretch out a bit as time goes on. It's good that it was tough to put them on. That'll lead to some good wear marks as time goes on. If I were you, I'd resist letting them touch water for at least six months.

8. BuffaloWang

BuffaloWang Senior member

Any canvas plimsolls recommendations or any other canvas shoes? Looking for under $80. Have a pair of Jack Purcells for canvas.
    Wanted a pair of these but they're pretty expensive.

9. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

What is the proper way to roll up sleeves? Every time I do it it looks like a hack job.

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I use to roll it up at the mid forearm, but now right where the roll rests on my elbow pit (medial epicondyle)

I say the former is more casual than the latter

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  11. jadough

jadough Senior member

I have bought a pair of desert boots and some chelsea boots for this f/w but am looking for a good pair of wingtip boots similar to these from H&M suggestions?
    [​IMG]

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

Trickers. I actually like the look of a lot of H&M's shoes, but when you see them in person, it's clear they're just a total mirage; light, airy things made of plastic -- like costuming for a play about a man with expensive footwear. :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  13. kook

kook Well-Known Member

What colours will go well with brown corduroy pants?

14. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Pretty much everything that isn't black.

15. go0gle

go0gle Active Member

Hi all,

Over the past two years I've lost two pairs of Oliver Peoples Victory size 58, I don't know how I managed to do it, but I did. So I've been looking everywhere, and it seems that they don't make them anymore. On the official website, they only have them in size 55, which is too small for my face.

So several questions.

Are Salt Optics any good? And how calm they have a very similar model called Lester,, are they associated with Oliver Peoples ? This is the closest I can get to the Victory design..

http://www.saltoptics.com/shop/detail.php?id=128&pageindex=9&categoryid=2&orderby=1&prod_type=2

And, does the victory really fit me well ? I think it does, but if I can get some opinions before I invest in the lester would be appreciated

here is a pic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]