Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

It's a designer brand, why is that price surprising?

2. Hollywars

Hollywars Senior member

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011

3. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

Dunno. I thought I was pretty desensitized to prices that most people would consider "surprising" but it still shocked me a bit when I did the conversion.
    Makes sense. Thanks. No returns or exchanges makes sizing/ buying on the internet a pretty tough roll for this one.

4. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

The yen is just destroying the dollar too, anybody that is doing japanese imports is getting killed right now. I am not certain that it's an all-time high, but it's at a place it hasn't been for quite some time.

5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

It seems that for that price, you could just go bespoke, get the exact type of jacket you want, with the best possible fit. That or a Hyundai -- those will also keep you warm.

Foo face: :foo:

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Can't quite tell from the pic, but those look like suede. Suede and winter don't mix. I'm in the same boat (looking for winter boots) and it seems like half the boots I like that I see on the internet are made of suede.

7. bijox

bijox Well-Known Member

Quick question about inseam and jeans.

I like my jeans to have this the bundled up look like this:
    [​IMG]

so if my measured inseam from bottom of crotch to the floor is 30, do I get jeans with inseam of 30 or 32 for this kind of look?

8. JosiahS

JosiahS Senior member

32-34. If you like the look, you could always buy long, then hem as desired.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011

9. tcwalter07

tcwalter07 Senior member

I am a Small in Gitman as well as J Crew and Brooks Brothers, and I am wondering what size I would be in Band of Outsiders? Both for their polos and oxfords.

It would be good if you could tell me my size in Small/Medium as well as Size 1/2

10. holybich

holybich Senior member

Guys, I'm looking for basic pocket T shirts that aren't too expensive. Hanes bothers me because you can tell from the back they are Hanes. What I would prefer are "slouchy" ones. I saw some Phillip Lim ones on sale on these forums but I'm not ready to spend $100 on a plain pocket T - yet. Anyone have experience with Alternative Apparel tees? The ones I've ever purchased there were almost see-through.

11. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I'm looking to try out some Levis 501 shrink to fit jeans, but I'm a bit thrown off by the pricing. The "Indigo color" jeans cost about $40, while the "Rigid Selvedge color" (also weird, as 'rigid' and 'selvedge' aren't colors) cost about $100.

If I buy the 'indigo' jeans, which is all they seem to offer at the mall, will I be getting the full raw denim experience? Or is the $100 'Rigid Selvedge' affair somehow more exemplary?

(I've got some APCs and Unbranded jeans on the way, too, so please, no angry stares).

Thanks.

13. Hype

Hype Member

14. msg

msg Senior member

I'm a M in Gitman Vintage, a small (which is usually baggy) in J Crew, and a small in most designers that aren't TTS. For BoO, a 2 fits me well, if it's going to be worn untucked; sleeve length is a little short, though, but I can still button the cuffs, I can still tuck the shirt in, but there's not much fabric to play with, so low rise jeans can be tricky. I haven't tried a 3 yet.

15. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

holybich, I like J crew broken in T's a lot. I guess you could get the tall version if you want more slouchy :)