Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. 1up

1up Senior member

Can anyone recommend me a versatile boot to wear for a Vancouver fall/winter (lots of rain). Perhaps with a slight heel? I tend to wear darker jeans. I absolutely love my Clark's in Oakwood Suede, but don't really want to wear them in Winter. Something comparable? For around $150ish?

Thanks!

2. comeonyouspurs

comeonyouspurs Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Hey, so I have a few pairs of 100% wool socks and I was wondering how the hell I wash them. I'm sure as hell not bringing them to the cleaners, so what do I set my washer on so that they aren't damaged?

4. LPatterson

LPatterson Senior member

Looked at RRL, but I can't seem to find a pair in 31 or 32.

5. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Make sure you are sizing the RRLs correctly. Size down 1-2 unless you have big thighs. I'm a 30 and I have a pair of 29s and they are super loose...my 28s are much better but even they are a little baggy....RRL stretches out after a wash.

6. LPatterson

LPatterson Senior member

I'm a sz.33 waist so I thought I was already accounting for stretching/vanity sizing. Will stick with the 31's...thanks for the tip.

7. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

If you can't find any RRLs online, NDG greys are popular though hard to find since NDG is defunct. Keep an eye on B&S...here's some 30s (just to give you an idea of how they look)...they are true to size.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/261075/ndg-grey-jeans-sz-30

J Crew also does a grey pair in the 484 cut, might be worth checking out if they are on sale.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation...294+20~~~20+16+4294967234~15~~~~~~~/40971.jsp

Though on second look, not a fan.

Looked at my RRLs, they are called Faded Grey. I've seen them at Ralph Lauren Polo factory outlets though your size is probably popular with resellers.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011

8. LPatterson

LPatterson Senior member

Hah. Aptly enough, I'm trying to replace a pair of NDGs that are now, sadly, too big for me.

9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I have a bunch of Marcolani dress socks that are wool. I just put them in the washer on the cold cycle with a little less than normal detergent (most people tend to use too much anyways). After that, just hang dry them. I've had much success with this model.

10. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

I have a weird question. I find that when I wear skinny jeans the restrictiveness causes me to walk more like a girl. How do I correct this? Longer strides? I am trying to reduce me hip shaking/pivoting. I just bought the jeans so they should break in a little, but until then.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011

11. JosiahS

JosiahS Senior member

Your jeans probably fit too tight in the hip. This is a common problem for me because i have a big butt/hip/thigh, basically the whole top block lol. You might want to try on a pair of jeans that have some extra room up top but still taper nicely. Like weird guys..

12. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

Ya, that might be my problem. I am trying to get that perfectly straight down jeans look but I guess I bought to small a size to try and compensate for my largeish bottom. Maybe go up a size and get a boot cut to even out the legs?

13. JosiahS

JosiahS Senior member

Like you said, the jeans may stretch out fine after a few wears. We are talking raw right? What jeans do you have? I wouldn't do the boot cut. Just try and find a jean that fits a bit roomier up tom. N&F WeirdGuy, Unbranded Tapered.

14. rohde88

rohde88 Senior member

Just stick to regular walking, if its really unbearable I think they might be too tight

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Rock it girlfriend