Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. JosiahS

JosiahS Senior member

Question: Looking for a cheap, super-casual shoe (not boot) that goes well with chinos. I'm thinking a boat shoe or loafer. Am i way off base? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

2. triad

triad Active Member

So I've decided to get buzz rickson original spec chino. Now, I need some opinions; which color would be more versatile?
    Beige or khaki?
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

3. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

Triad - you could try the wolf vs goat chinos too, they would fit over your calves. I think they are underrated, made in the usa, and can be had for relatively cheap during WVG sales.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the khaki or the beige. Khaki is probably more versatile as it's a softer hue (not sure if that's the right word, but you know what I mean).

4. triad

triad Active Member

Yeah, I was thinking to get the WvG chino too, but they have already sold out, haven't they?

5. MichaelPemulis

It looks like there are some assorted sizes/colors left on the webshop - check out the sale section.

6. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

How do I get rid of long streaks of wrinkles (prolly got them when the jacket was sandwiched in between clothes) on the back of my leather jacket?

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Not in the past 2 seasons (maybe 60%). They used to drop pretty low, but they haven't been doing that and instead just hold onto things, unfortunately

I think the gold-over-blue Dior 19cms went for around $100, after that they stopped super drops

8. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

*cross post*
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG](this one is black)

Which color would you pick for a college backpack? I was leaning toward brown but I can get white for cheaper.
    Would white be more versatile anyway?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011

9. MichaelPemulis

Brown will look better once it gets dirty. They are all pretty "versatile" I think.

10. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

Alright, need some help with shoes that I've been struggling with for a while:

Outfit: indigo jeans + navy or grey blazer

Shoes: Looking for suggestions for something that's on the border of dressy and casual.

Requirements:
    - No loafers. I hate loafers.
    - Minimal broguing/wingtips if any. I'm not a flashy guy at all, and would be fairly uncomfortable wearing wingtips.
    - Prefer some kind of dark brown color?

What are my best options that aren't wingtips, but are also a little more interesting than a boring plain-toe blucher?

11. MichaelPemulis

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

If I can add to this question: Luke, do you (or anyone) have any experience with these Makr bags? Can you vouch for their quality? I know they're pretty hyped due to being made in the US...but that's also no guarantee of quality. When you can get identical bags from any Army suplus store for like $10, a man's got to wonder...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Allen Edmonds Strands, lightly brogued cap toe balmoral with a very casual burnish. Damn comfy, very sleek.

14. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

There are a few reviews online if you really search. One the reviews I from a guy who has had it for 2 years and it has held up and aged quite nicely. The reason I am getting one is it fits my needs perfectly having pockets on each side for a water bottle and a compact umbrella, enough space for a laptop, 2 textbooks, 2 notebooks and lunch. It also has a unique fastening system that makes the bags simplistic look that you probably won't find on an army surplus bag.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Currently, all of my shirts have button down collars. Up until this point I have avoided straight collar shirts because they strike me as too GAP-like. Anyone else feel this way in that they perfer button dollar collars? Or am I being too inflexible? Or is there a time for both?