Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

Any body know where I can get a nice insulated coat for winter? Not looking over 300 and no bulky coats please

2. dunkindonuts

dunkindonuts Member

To tailor or not to tailor? I want this pair of pants from Zara, but the pair they have in my waist size is a little tight in the legs (I can't raise my leg up to a 90 degree angle comfortably). Should I just man up and get it or go a waist size up and bring it to the tailor to have the waist brought in?

The pants cost $60, and I'm a budget-conscious college student.

3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

It wouldn't hurt to call around and see how cheaply you can get this done. It's actually a good (or MC recommended) path to a great-fitting pair of pants. Of course, only you know if it would be worth it; that would put the cheaper Zara pants into the $90 range. For that, you could snap up a NWT pair of Incotex on B&S that might fit you better. (For me, that's the better option; when you're getting a several hundred dollar pair of pants at deep discount, a $25-40 alteration won't sting as much).

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011

4. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

In which section of the forum should B&S disputes go? I've asked for a partial refund from a proxy I'm using, and he still hasn't replied to my PMs even though he's been online during that time. It's been around a week already, and I'm not sure if I should wait much longer before complaining.

5. jaac

jaac Senior member

Longshot, anyone know where still has this? It's garbstore, i couldn't find it on their website but im pretty dumb so who knows.

[​IMG]

6. mcqueen007

mcqueen007 Well-Known Member

What is the appeal of the Sta-Prest trouser? What does it feel like?

7. filcol

filcol Senior member

Can someone suggest some brands for good sweaters/knits?

Looking for a thick cardigan, 2 plain v-necks (grey/black) and 1 cool design sweater (striped etc..)

greets

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

That's not much better than asking for suggestions for clothing. Budget? Aesthetic? There are great options in the Baller Knits thread, but those are upwards of $600. H&M has cheap basics but they tend to be mostly acrylic and I loathe the stuff

There should be a Buyer/Seller feedback thread as well as the option to post feedback on his user profile. You could PM Fok or J, but the most they're likely to do is try to talk to him to find a resolution and worst case, ban him. They have a hands-off policy when it comes to B&S disputes

I'm assuming since you're in this dilemma you sent via paypal gift, but if you didn't then make sure to open a dispute with them and/or your credit card company as they will be able to freeze the account and chargeback your funds respectively

9. filcol

filcol Senior member

OK some price infos:

One of the 4 pieces can be something special, i.e a really nice looking cardigan for $500+
    The 2 V-Necks sweater in grey and black shouldn't be too expensive, maybe 100 - 150$ each.
    The last one can be a mid thing.. like 300$

hope that helps

greets

10. kb11235

kb11235 Member

Does anyone have an idea as to the quality of the leather and suede on Minnetonka driving mocs?

11. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

The B&S feedback thread seems to be locked, and I sent the money as a personal payment - according to Paypal transactions not involving the purchase of goods or services can't be disputed. :fu: I'll try contacting the proxy again and if it doesn't work out, I'll contact my credit card company and PM Fok or J about this case. Thanks for the help, Kit!

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Could be that he's just been using his phone; recently I've been online and using the forums, but unable to respond to PM's as I'm often away from my desktop. Always something to consider (though a week does sound like it's pushing it).

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Does anyone know who stocks the White Mountaineering wool socks this season? I'm specifically looking for the blue snow/fair isle patterned ones. Any leads?

14. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Quote:
    These are probably the most popular selections for good quality at reasonable prices
    Cardi: SNS Herning Stark (buy from tres bien shop for a nice discount). If you're short, look elsewhere though
    V necks: wings and horns, uniqlo
    Design: Ervell fair isle, SNS herning again.

15. Diogenes

Diogenes New Member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011