Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

ebay

2. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

http://www.countycomm.com/nylonbands.html

3. greenrebellion

greenrebellion Active Member

For untucked button up shirts, is a straight or rounded hem better at the bottom of the shirt?

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

5. syro

syro Member

I bought this Epaulet shirt in medium a few weeks ago and it's a bit baggy, but the collar fits snug. My dad said the shirt suppose to fit like that and it's nothing to worry about. I took his advice and waited too long that now I can't exchange it for a smaller size. I want to go to a professional tailor to get it fitted perfectly, is it possible? If I take it to the tailor what do I ask them to do?

Note: I'm a fashion noob and never been to a tailor, so please take it easy on me.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011

6. meso

meso Senior member

Syro forget bagginess and the neck, those arms look way too long on you.
    It's not helped by the high waist on the pants, but I think even without that they would look long.
    Have you had yourself measured? If your proportions are different than standard sizing (S/M/L), you might be better getting shirts with a proper neck & arm measurement.
    Epaulet is a popular company so you would probably have no trouble selling for 70% what you paid or so :)

7. whereIGetSocks

whereIGetSocks Member

Hello,

In the UK:

Looking for a dark - brown, burgundy, not black - cap toe derby with dainite/commando sole to wear with blue, grey and khaki trousers and chinos, and dark jeans. The Crockett and Jones Bradford (last 341) looks a bit slim and the sole is leather, the C & J Sedbergh (last 325) may fit the bill, and the Trickers Matlock appears to be a tad wide - though I like it, commando sole, seen from the side. I'm just going by pictures. Please can I have your thoughts/experience re the shoes and/or suggestions of similar ones.

New to this lark, please be kind - probably put a 'Kick Me' sign on my back :)

Cheers,
    wigs

8. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Syro you look like me when I try to fit into a Medium in most any decent brand. Too long arms, too much baggy in the upper arms, and not so awesome bagginess in the back. Can't really see from the pic what the chest and shoulders are like. You should measure yourself (chest, shoulders, arms, waist etc)

As far as tailoring...I think its a waste of money. You'd need to dart the back and possibly shorten the arms, maybe even shorten the length depending on how it is. I'd say it makes more sense to sell it and get a small

Oh and I just noticed the shoulders in the back...unless Epaulet is diff to most shirts it looks to me like the shoulders are quite a bit too big....you are most likely a small.

I'm sure your dad is a great guy but don't ask the older generation for advice...most fogeys dress like Steve Carrell in Crazy Stupid Love.

9. syro

syro Member

I appreciate the help a lot meso and corneliusparky!! I'll make sure to check my measurements before I make my next purchase on a shirt. I took the advice and I'm selling it on classifieds :D

10. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

So as Fall is slowing moving in, I'm totally want a vest or two. One atleast being a puffer (puffy) vest. What do you guys wear under it? I know you can sport a buttondown but what about a cardigan or other types of sweaters?

11. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Don't forget there is now add a 'for trade' option; you might be able to trade someone for a small.

12. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I'm a big fan of wearing a crew neck over a button down, then a vest over that. It has a very north east prep sensibility to it.

13. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Indeed I was thinking of wearing it that way. Intially worried about looking bulky, just have to make sure its all slim fitting. Thanks I'll def have to cop this vest now.

14. Berzerk91

Berzerk91 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how Margiela sizes their outerwear? I'm looking at some of their leather jackets but I called the NYC store and they don't carry anything below 36. If I have a chest between 35 and 36 will this be slim enough? I'm usually an XS in most brands. Do people usually size down with MMM? I'm 5'7 135ish, will the length be too much for a leather? Thanks in advance.

15. Strombollii

Strombollii Senior member

Looking for a red ocbd with a nice slim fit (slimmer than Polo custom). Apolis looks like it fits my shoulders in a small. Can anyone comment on waist/overall fit?