1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Liam123

Liam123 Well-Known Member

If im US11 in Vans how do I size in Jack purcell CDG x PLAY? Is US10 to small? :S

2. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

what's with people wearing nike free runs and nike roshe's around casually, with jeans and whatnot? looks good, or a style faux paus?

3. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

what's with people wearing nike free runs and nike roshe's around casually, with jeans and whatnot? looks good, or a style faux paus?

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Almost 100% bad. Wear them at the gym.

Unless you can pull it off like this:
    [​IMG]

And even then different shoes would have been better...

5. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

Yeah that's almost my number one fashion rule - no runners with jeans/trousers. But seeing another image:

[​IMG]
    It looks bloody good.

6. Sean9

Sean9 Senior member

They look a lot better with techwear which was trending a lot at least around superfuture. Flock 2.0 always kills it with nikes. Plus they're mad comfy.

7. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

What is the average cost of Green Shannons? suede/calf combo.

Edit: Sorry wrong forum, I used the search feature and landed here!

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  8. Regg

Regg Senior member

http://www.framesemporium.com/

should I assume these are fake? All these websites seem to be. It has good reviews on some review site I've never heard of but it seems very fishy :/ I figured I'd check anyway

9. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

10. Velazkez

Velazkez Member

I picked up 3sixteen sl-100x for my first pair of nice jeans. I'm pretty happy with them, but if I'm honest the rear rise/seat of the pants is a little too full and baggy(I can move the rear of the waist up an inch above where I wear it). I'm wearing a size 34 (knee 9.1, opening 8.2, rise 11.7), and I don't think I can really afford to go any slimmer at the thigh, knee or opening -- I'm just too tall (I also chose these jeans because of the 37inseam).

So, can jeans be altered in the rear rise? Seems unlikely. So can anyone recommend jeans with a similar front rise and knee, but a shorter back rise? Basically, I have no ass, but I do have thighs and calves.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  11. slstr

slstr Senior member

Best brown/black oxfords or derbies for $200-400?

12. sdotz23

sdotz23 Member

Does all Dior Homme coats have some sort of the shoulder darts details?

13. mockalite

mockalite Well-Known Member

Has anyone in the U.S. ordered from Oi Polloi (http://www.oipolloi.com/) before? If so, what's the deal with customs/duties charges? Are they inevitable?

14. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

two things actually

first:

could anyone identify this label inside of a navy blazer (ca 1970's) and if it's any good?
    found it cheap but not sure if I should go for it (it's online so I can't try it out and see for myself)
    [​IMG]

second, and continuing a bit with the talk about sneakers, anyone else seen the gorgeous new adidas originals? ^^
    [​IMG]
    Personally I still prefer less "sporty" shoes for everyday outfits, but damn those are some good looking sneakers [​IMG] ( so surely someone will make them work really well)
    more pictures: http://www.freshnessmag.com/2012/05/07/adidas-originals-forum-lo-crazylight-springsummer-2012/

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  15. inimitable

inimitable Senior member

I have 5 pairs of Dior Homme jeans and 2 pairs of Dior pantalon chinos that I would like to sell on the b&s. I have no idea what is a reasonable price to ask for them. Can anyone give me a rough ballpark figure?

They all have a ticket price of around £450. All BNWT. All made in Italy. All the jeans are distressed, no raws and none are selvedge. Tags say things like f19, f21 or pantalon + short

A point in the right direction is appreciated

16. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

it really depends on the wash and the size. without the two of those, it's impossible to give you a ballpark estimate. larger sizes will sell for less, while the more popular, smaller sizes go for more. as a general rule, 19cm is preferable to 21cm. the MII ones are generally less popular, but again, this really depends on the wash. as for the range, i'd say it'll probably fall somewhere between 200-400 USD. if you have a really rare and popular wash, it might go for more, though.

17. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I would say somewhere around 300 if they're new, possibly 400 if they're one of the really nice washes and probably more like 200 or less if it's an ugly wash. You could always drop the price if no one buys. What season are they from / what sizes are they?

18. inimitable

inimitable Senior member

Ive got 29, 30, 31, 32, 33. The two chinos are 36 & 38. No idea how to check season, any way to know?

I know this is all useless without pics but I'm
    Out at the moment.

19. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Whats the consensus on chambray or light denim type button-down shirt worn(open and closed) as a light jacket or overshirt during the summer?

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  20. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

If you can read the tags, the first number and subsequent two letters denote the year and season. for example, 7HH would be 2007 Winter, and 7EH would be 2007 Summer. I'm not sure if it's 10HH for 2010 onwards. I stopped following DH after Hedi left