• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Fahrenheit

Reaction score
Quick question:
How's Nudie sizing compared to APC;
If I'm 30 in APC Petit Standard, do I get 32 in Nudie Grim Tim ?

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Hows sizing on Dries van Noten jackets (specifically bomber jackets)? I'm 5'10' 140, 38 chest, 29 waist about 17-18 Shoulders. I'm guessing medium? Or, since bomber jackets are meant to be a little looser fit would I be a large ? :embar:

corneliusparky

Reaction score

I Second that. Have some chucks, fit TTS.

@everyone: I'm looking for a lightweight, white or off-white, slim fit, casual pant that i can where with Ts, button downs, ect. Under $100 and ideally at the $70 mark.

I think the "chucks fit large" thing comes from the fact that they are sneakers but they fit larger than most sneakers. I am a 9.5 in Nike and NB, 10 in PF flyers but 9 in Converse...Converse is more like dress shoe sizes.

For the price, it's going to be hard to find good slim fit casual pants. Epaulet would probably be your best bet. Or J Crew Urban slim fit chinos. I actually got some pretty nice H&M (i know, i know) grey linen pants in slim fit for 30 bucks and they are very good for the price.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hows sizing on Dries van Noten jackets (specifically bomber jackets)? I'm 5'10' 140, 38 chest, 29 waist about 17-18 Shoulders. I'm guessing medium? Or, since bomber jackets are meant to be a little looser fit would I be a large ?
shog[1].gif
I'd say Medium.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a question for the SF gods:

So I've only recently found out about the company Inverallan, and it seems they've just gone out of business about a year back. But because they used to do custom orders, is there any chance that they still do custom orders for people with the right connections? Can someone point me in the right direction?

HarrisonK

Reaction score
What is the accepted jean length? I just bought the 501 shrink to fit in a 29W 32L and they just hit the back of my loafer after the initial soak. I know this is slightly short, especially for a pair of raw denims, but is it too short?

REALLY bad picture, but you can see the length. Are these too short?
501STF.jpg

corneliusparky

Reaction score
It depends on whether you want to cuff or stack...you might be able to slightly cuff if you like it high. If you don't care about either, it looks like you have a perfect length for not catching on footwear. Hopefully you got all the shrinking out of it.

atun

Reaction score
looking for a nice summer striped short sleeve tee. (kind of like the sailor tee type thing where the stripes arnt too big) Does anyone got a suggestions for brands or where to look? doesnt really matter about price, but quality needs to be good!

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, another Q: Is anyone familiar with the quality and sizing for the Vintage Shoe Company? I have my eye on their Langdon brogue model in the tan/tobacco colorway, does anyone know where I can find them sub $200 (I'm a size 10)? Here's a photo from the Steven Alan site:

effang

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought my first Lanvin. I really like them, but to some, they are too bold/bowling shoe like.

Anyways, what kind of fit should i be wearing with these shoes? I was thinking some deepn indigo jeans and some blue/grey shirt that is more conservative. Does that sound right?

Last edited:

Yoel

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Proxy located in the US, willing to ship a few items from rugby ralph laurens website to Sweden?

Anyone? Pm me :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads