Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Astronaut888

Astronaut888 Senior member

can't seem to find it.......
    is there and "official" Nudie denim thread......?

namaste

2. confab

confab Well-Known Member

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

What is a BoO shirt size 4 equivalent to? an extra large? 42?
    Probably a 2, though it would be helpful if you listed some specific brands that you're a small in. If you're referring to j.crew or similar lines then you could probably pull off a 3. If you're talking about more fitted stuff like gitman vintage, probably a 2. Going to NYC this weekend. Gonna' be pretty busy for the most part but definitely going to get some shopping in. Other than Barneys what are some recommendations for stores I don't know about?
    If you are a true/slim 36, you're a 1

4. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Senior member

Quick question:
    How's Levi's 511 sizing? I can't find a size chart anywhere.

I wear 30 in APC's Petit Standard. Since PS are vanity sized, do I go for 32 in Levi's?

good luck.

levi's are all over the map on this shit. you can go try on 8 pairs of the same size and get 8 different fits.

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

how are mcnairy's shoes sized? what uk size would a us9 be?

6. Pal

Pal Member

Timberland Abington 3-Eye Boat Wedge.

Thank you!

7. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm looking for something like this but for around €60,- euro at max. Anyone with a suggestion?

8. rockyfella

rockyfella Well-Known Member

What is the difference between Converse Chuck Taylor "OX" and "Core OX" sneakers? I've been trying to google this without any success.

9. C E Jones

C E Jones New Member

[Originally Posted by C E Jones
    Hi SF members. Long time lurker, first time poster with a quick and easy question. I'm looking for a good place to buy casual button-up shirts, either in-store (San Francisco area) or online. I'm mainly looking for solid and patterned shirts to wear with jeans and black sneakers. I'm looking for shirts in the $30-50 range. Thanks for any tips.]

Lands end canvas. find the thread here for coupons.

Thanks for the tip, just ordered some short-sleeves and polos from Lands End. Problem is they don't have tall sizes, so I can't get long sleeve shirts from them (I have a 16 1/2 neck, 42" chest and 37" sleeve). Any places (online or in-store) that sell casual shirts in a similar price range in tall sizes?

10. nycstrokes

nycstrokes Member

I'm sure this has been asked, but figured I'd ask in this quick question section: How does sizing in APC pants/cords compare to their raw denim sizing? I wear a 29 in the petit standard raw, a 30-31 in Nudie Thin Finn, 29-30 in Diesel Thanaz and Thavar. What size should I get in the Petit Standard Cords?

11. Palette

Palette Member

Where can I buy a pair of Wolverine 1000 mile shoes Linden Heritage in size 8? OR suggestion for an alternative similar style shoe?

12. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Need help choosing between 2 backpacks... [​IMG] Pros - To me more stylish of the two, big fan of the leather straps, extremely durable with long company history. Cons - A little too simple, might lack the proper support for a backpack I am trying to carry around for at least 4 years. [​IMG] Pros - Seems like the ultimate backpack for backpacking and stuff. More technical than the Duluth. Cons - Looks too boring and not as stylish. Costs more too.

13. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Anyone get a pair of these Comme des Garcons shoes this season or have experience with her footwear in general? Wanted to know what the sizing was like on them. Any help would be much appreciated. [​IMG]

14. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Need help choosing between 2 backpacks...
    [​IMG]
    Pros - To me more stylish of the two, big fan of the leather straps, extremely durable with long company history. Cons - A little too simple, might lack the proper support for a backpack I am trying to carry around for at least 4 years.
    [​IMG]
    Pros - Seems like the ultimate backpack for backpacking and stuff. More technical than the Duluth. Cons - Looks too boring and not as stylish. Costs more too.

Get the Goruck bag, I have one and as we say in my line of work, it's the 'cat's ass' (i.e., really good). It certainly lacks the heritage looks of the Duluth bag (and they make a great bag too) but I've found with bags/packs/luggage function trumps fashion, although the goruck folks seem to have found a happy medium with a functional mil-spec bag that doesn't make you look like an over-enthusiastic airsofter wannabe. Cordura isn't the most stylish of materials, but it looks better once broken in.

15. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

I'm really really torn between both of those bags... Maybe I'll get the Duluth and the GR2... I don't have any big backpacks anyway.