Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Rover!

Rover! Senior member

What's the best place to buy some decent plain u-neck tees? I like the wjk and Attachment ones, but I'm looking for a cheaper option since I'm looking to buy a bunch of them. I've also tried the Geller Seconds tees but the neck line sits a little too low for my liking.

2. Astronaut888

Astronaut888 Senior member

If they had an outer metal eyelet, it would probably have left a mark. It's likely by design (reinforced blind eyelet)

All I find online have this type of eyelet.
    [​IMG]

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

And you said that your pair are at the very least 10 years old....

4. Astronaut888

Astronaut888 Senior member

And you said that your pair are at the very least 10 years old....

yeah...That was simply what I was wondering.....if this was a feature of the older model or perhaps a second of sorts. I picked them up for almost free and never really considered the possibility of them being seconds until I started looking at picking up a new pair of cherrys.

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Doubt those were seconds, it wouldn't be a problem to replace those eyelets if that were a defect, it's probably just a design element that changed over time

6. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

What is a BoO shirt size 4 equivalent to? an extra large? 42?

7. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

What is a BoO shirt size 4 equivalent to? an extra large? 42?

Funny, I was just going to post the same thing. I wear a 36S suit, smalls in most brands of shirts. Am I a 1 a 2 something else in BoO shirting?

8. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Senior member

need some grey raw denim in $300 range similar fit to apc petit standard or diors.

9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

need some grey raw denim in $300 range similar fit to apc petit standard or diors.
    N&F does a nice gray raw in the Skinny Guy fit for about half that price.

10. 1969

1969 Senior member

Would a Junya Large Blazer fit me if I'm a 40R?

11. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

Funny, I was just going to post the same thing. I wear a 36S suit, smalls in most brands of shirts. Am I a 1 a 2 something else in BoO shirting?

Probably a 2, though it would be helpful if you listed some specific brands that you're a small in. If you're referring to j.crew or similar lines then you could probably pull off a 3. If you're talking about more fitted stuff like gitman vintage, probably a 2.

Going to NYC this weekend. Gonna' be pretty busy for the most part but definitely going to get some shopping in. Other than Barneys what are some recommendations for stores I don't know about?

12. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Probably a 2, though it would be helpful if you listed some specific brands that you're a small in. If you're referring to j.crew or similar lines then you could probably pull off a 3. If you're talking about more fitted stuff like gitman vintage, probably a 2.

Going to NYC this weekend. Gonna' be pretty busy for the most part but definitely going to get some shopping in. Other than Barneys what are some recommendations for stores I don't know about?

Nepenthes at 38th and Sixth, Hollander and Lexer on Atlantic Ave. in Bklyn; I also just checked out the Unis store in NoLiTa and was pretty impressed. That should give you a good range of what's out there and let you check out different areas of the city. If you go to H & L there are a bunch of great stores on Atlantic, as well as Epaulet and Smith and Butler around the corner on Smith St. If you're in SoHo I'd recommend Blue in Green for denim gawking.

13. ADDIC

ADDIC Well-Known Member

Any store that carries Wolverine 1000 Mile boots in Santa Monica or nearby? Checked their site for retailers but didn't see one.

14. Pal

Pal Member

15. Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit Member

Quick question:
    How's Levi's 511 sizing? I can't find a size chart anywhere.

I wear 30 in APC's Petit Standard. Since PS are vanity sized, do I go for 32 in Levi's?