Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Any of you folk have experience with Mr. Hare shoes/boots? I have been eying them up lately, but don't know much about them quality/fit-wise. Would love to hear some feedback if you have any.

2. liq2

liq2 Active Member

Hi SF members. Long time lurker, first time poster with a quick and easy question. I'm looking for a good place to buy casual button-up shirts, either in-store (San Francisco area) or online. I'm mainly looking for solid and patterned shirts to wear with jeans and black sneakers. I'm looking for shirts in the $30-50 range. Thanks for any tips.

Lands end canvas. find the thread here for coupons.

3. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Do I have to take selvedge jeans to a special tailor if I want to reduce the inseam?

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

No.

5. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Do I have to take selvedge jeans to a special tailor if I want to reduce the inseam?

No, any tailor can hem any pair of jeans. If you want a chainstitched hem, though, very few people do that.

6. Lane

Lane Senior member

how can i fix small holes developing in my cardigan? I have one that developed that I didnt notice, and they are tiny but I want to prevent it from enlarging...

7. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

i think someone suggested in the past that taking them to a weaver would be a good idea if you wanted them patched up.

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Take it to a reweaver

9. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

answered my own question like a boss

10. ysb

ysb Senior member

Moving to LA at the end of the year from the east coast. Realistically, how many boots do you LA'ers have, and do you actually wear them? I've amassed a load of boots in the years living on the east coast and can't see myself wearing anything other than sneakers when I'm not working.

Thanks!

11. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Moving to LA at the end of the year from the east coast. Realistically, how many boots do you LA'ers have, and do you actually wear them? I've amassed a load of boots in the years living on the east coast and can't see myself wearing anything other than sneakers when I'm not working. Thanks!
    I have 3 pairs of boots, and I've only gotten around to wearing one of them so far. They are handy in the winter when it's cooler, though, plus it does rain sometimes out there. Usually when it rains, it rains hard, so boots are useful then.

12. ledAstray

ledAstray Member

Hey guys, quick question: can you tell me what that brand is? Thanks! [​IMG] Shoe

13. Astronaut888

Astronaut888 Senior member

forgiveness if this has been discussed before or is a silly question. I noticed recently that the Dr Martens MIEs I have been seeing look different than mine. The eyelets of mine are not metal......was looking to pick up some oxblood MIE shoes online, and noticed that they have metal eyelets - mine do not. Here are some photos........ [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Picked these up many many years ago at a spot that was going out of business......likely before Docs were ever made anywhere except England.... when I picked them up, I was unaware that production had moved and only recently looked at them and noticed that they were MIEs. Got them for about $15. Last pair in the store. they were missing laces and I never got around to getting new ones until recently..........have been in closet for at least 10 plus years Perhaps they are seconds of some sort. Is this eyelet normal? Of course, I see that the eyelet has metal on the inside......is it just missing a piece of the grommet that should be on the outside?

14. tomorrowstars

tomorrowstars Senior member

Can someone recommend a good quality necklace/chain that's not too expensive that I can add my own pendant to? Preferably available online.

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

forgiveness if this has been discussed before or is a silly question. I noticed recently that the Dr Martens MIEs I have been seeing look different than mine. The eyelets of mine are not metal......was looking to pick up some oxblood MIE shoes online, and noticed that they have metal eyelets - mine do not. Here are some photos........ Picked these up many many years ago at a spot that was going out of business......likely before Docs were ever made anywhere except England.... when I picked them up, I was unaware that production had moved and only recently looked at them and noticed that they were MIEs. Got them for about $15. Last pair in the store. they were missing laces and I never got around to getting new ones until recently..........have been in closet for at least 10 plus years Perhaps they are seconds of some sort. Is this eyelet normal? Of course, I see that the eyelet has metal on the inside......is it just missing a piece of the grommet that should be on the outside?
    If they had an outer metal eyelet, it would probably have left a mark. It's likely by design (reinforced blind eyelet)