Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Flame

Flame Senior member

For the basic merino v-neck sweater for colder weather, which mall brand is the best ? Jcrew? Uniclo? Gap???

I'm going the peasant route because I'm looking to buy a mix of various colors to wear over ts and button shirts...no pointing in blowing 1K on 5 RLPL cashmere.

2. kraands

kraands Senior member

Opinions on this coat fit? (Don't mind the wrinkles, it's linen)

This is a 36R and my chest measurement is 34" even. Obviously 34R's are near impossible to come by so I couldn't try one on. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

what are some good scarf brands ? johnstons? faliero?

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Does Pure-Man.com not take 20% off for VAT when shipping to the US?

I checked their policy and it's kind of confusing, appears to be a typo...

"All prices on our site are in pounds sterling and are inclusive of European Union sales tax (VAT) at the prevailing rate where applicable. We regret to say we, at this point in time offer any refund / chargeback on the VAT rate to international customers."

is there supposed to be a "do not" in there somewhere? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Does Pure-Man.com not take 20% off for VAT when shipping to the US? I checked their policy and it's kind of confusing, appears to be a typo... "All prices on our site are in pounds sterling and are inclusive of European Union sales tax (VAT) at the prevailing rate where applicable. We regret to say we, at this point in time offer any refund / chargeback on the VAT rate to international customers." is there supposed to be a "do not" in there somewhere? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I think it's a typo, and that "do not" should be in there. From what I can understand, they do not deduct or credit back the VAT for us in the US. Many European stores do, some don't.

6. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

7. NakedTruth

NakedTruth Well-Known Member

8. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Why the heck are W+H and CP so expensive??

9. _Nomad

_Nomad Active Member

So, I think I'm going to order this biker jacket. Been wanting a rider for a while now, but as a student, I can't really justify spending $710 on a TOJ, which is what I'd really like. The Viparo one looks pretty good, anf I couldn't really find much info about the brand around here or anywhere else, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Anyway, I'm having second thoughts as to whether I'm able to pull it off. Most of the guys rocking DR's around here seem to be dark haired. Weird question, I know, but I'm light blond, with a fairly light complexion. I look very nordic, I guess. Like almost albino territory blond.
    I've wanted a DR style jacket for so long, but I'm starting to wonder if I'd look like an ass in it? There isn't a huge selection of stores who sell leathers around here, so it's hard for me to try one on, other than really cheap horrible looking ones.
    Is it true what they say, that anyone can pull of a nice looking leather jacket?

10. dmash

dmash Senior member

Reposting this....any ID on this duffle or a look a like?

[​IMG]

11. Quixotic

Quixotic Well-Known Member

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

OMG that's the EXACT one with the pull handle on the end and everything. Thanks SO much! Can't find it anywhere though, nor in brown. and I'd have to get it at steep discount to be in my price range.

13. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Looking at the this tee from Geller, but the sizes are 36 & 42 and I have no idea what those mean.

What do they mean?

14. Desi

Desi Senior member

I think for Barney's the listed 36 is a Geller 44/XS so that would make 42 a 50/L

15. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

So, I think I'm going to order this biker jacket. Been wanting a rider for a while now, but as a student, I can't really justify spending $710 on a TOJ, which is what I'd really like. The Viparo one looks pretty good, anf I couldn't really find much info about the brand around here or anywhere else, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Anyway, I'm having second thoughts as to whether I'm able to pull it off. Most of the guys rocking DR's around here seem to be dark haired. Weird question, I know, but I'm light blond, with a fairly light complexion. I look very nordic, I guess. Like almost albino territory blond.
    I've wanted a DR style jacket for so long, but I'm starting to wonder if I'd look like an ass in it? There isn't a huge selection of stores who sell leathers around here, so it's hard for me to try one on, other than really cheap horrible looking ones.
    Is it true what they say, that anyone can pull of a nice looking leather jacket?

I don't think hair color matters so long as it fits in your wardrobe and works with the other colors you wear without clashing. And if you really want a ToJ, why not just continue to save up for it and get what you really want instead of wasting your money on something you aren't going to be as happy with?

Looking at the this tee from Geller, but the sizes are 36 & 42 and I have no idea what those mean.

What do they mean?

I think for Barney's the listed 36 is a Geller 44/XS so that would make 42 a 50/L

Actually, Barney's simply lists the US equivalent of Geller's sizing, so their 36=46 (small equivalent), 38=48 (medium), etc. I wear a small in most brands for instance and wear a 46 (US 36) in Geller.