Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Can anyone identify the cardigan and blazer/chore coat in this Pitti pic?

[​IMG]

Holy damn hell, I want that

2. Desi

Desi Senior member

Thanks for the feedback. My sizing thought was more due to the sleeve length and some extra space in the chest area. I'm confused though doesn't 44 = xsmall, 46 = small, 48 = medium, and 50 = large? Sweatshirt's a size 50 but I'm a medium in almost everything.

Well a lot of non-designer brands do not carry anything smaller than a 46/36. Which for them is an XS or it could also go 46=xs, 48=s, 50=m. If that makes you feel better.

3. kmistry

kmistry Member

Is there a quality dif b/w W+H tiger and terry? Or is terry more lightweight, springish and tiger heavier, more of a wintery layer?

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Is there a quality dif b/w W+H tiger and terry? Or is terry more lightweight, springish and tiger heavier, more of a wintery layer?

I have had both.

Are you talking about the large loop terry hoodies from this season?

If so, the terry is a heavy fabric. It's like wearing a towel. It's not light by any sense of the word. There are double-layer hoodies from this season that are light (imagine two very thin fabrics together).

The Tiger fleece is medium weight. I would layer the tiger fleece, but wouldn't think about layering the large loop terry.

5. kmistry

kmistry Member

regardless, you would say they are two versions of hoodie- rather than a lower tier model and a higher end one. thanks for the help

6. Dope Nixon

Dope Nixon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Should I buy these for $100? Are they stylish? I like them but I am trying to move into a bit more adult fashion, don't know if these will work

7. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

[​IMG]
    Should I buy these for $100? Are they stylish? I like them but I am trying to move into a bit more adult fashion, don't know if these will work

Get them if you truly like them, but I can assure you those won't propel you any further into 'adult fashion'. Nike dunks are dunks, ya know? My personal opinion is skip them, though, and save the $100 for something more versatile..

8. NYR

NYR Member

9. norcal_indy

norcal_indy Senior member

I'm going to be spending some time in Miami and Key West in July and am trying to figure out what kind of pants to purchase for the trip. My entire wardrobe is suited for Northern California coastal weather, so I don't have much (aside from some beach wear) for a hot and humid environment.

I don't care for linen pants but do own some shorts that I pretty much never wear.

So, does anyone have any ideas that don't include shorts or linen pants?

10. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Holy damn hell, I want that

Right?! And it all looks familiar, but all I can identify is the W + H bush pants.

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I'm going to be spending some time in Miami and Key West in July and am trying to figure out what kind of pants to purchase for the trip. My entire wardrobe is suited for Northern California coastal weather, so I don't have much (aside from some beach wear) for a hot and humid environment. I don't care for linen pants but do own some shorts that I pretty much never wear. So, does anyone have any ideas that don't include shorts or linen pants?
    Light colored jeans/pants, chambray pants (Rogue Territory has some 6oz? pants they just put out), etc. are I deal when I'm in FL or other humid areas.

12. epilepc

epilepc Well-Known Member

Get them if you truly like them, but I can assure you those won't propel you any further into 'adult fashion'.

Nike dunks are dunks, ya know?

My personal opinion is skip them, though, and save the $100 for something more versatile..

Agreed.

13. jwkicks

jwkicks Senior member

Anybody in the US ordered from Farfetch? I'm trying to buy an item from the EU thats advertised as 30% off, but then when you go to checkout it appears they are including the VAT deduction in the 30% off. So really its more like 14% off. Is that how they always do it?

14. norcal_indy

norcal_indy Senior member

Light colored jeans/pants, chambray pants (Rogue Territory has some 6oz? pants they just put out), etc. are I deal when I'm in FL or other humid areas.
    Cool - thanks for the response. I'll check out the Rogue Territory pants.

15. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Mike's a nice guy, don't be afraid to call or email the store.

Any time you read in the product description about minimal shrinkage in the first wash, it's usually a safe bet they're still unwashed.

This is the case. I have a pair and they did shrink a bit after wash with some indigo loss as well. Nice denim.

Just because something is marked one size doesn't mean it'll fit that way, things are occasionally vanity sized and sometimes intentionally made to fit larger or smaller. This is why it's always important to (best case) try things on in person or at least get measurements. Size variations can be seen from piece to piece, season to season, and brand to brand

Zactly. The RG gradient sweathsirt is slimmer fitting than your standard sweatshirt in my experience (I have the 46), and I know I could have sized up for a slightly slouchier fit though sleeeves would likely have had to have been rolled since they run long.

Get them if you truly like them, but I can assure you those won't propel you any further into 'adult fashion'.

Nike dunks are dunks, ya know?

My personal opinion is skip them, though, and save the $100 for something more versatile..

Agreed with slack. Pass on those.

Right?! And it all looks familiar, but all I can identify is the W + H bush pants.

This was in the EG FW thread from last year I believe. If I recall correctly the blazer is ts(s), sweater is the EG snowflake cardigan, and those pants aren't the W+H bush pants, they are WWM front cargo flannel lined pants from a season or two ago as well.