Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Good info, I think BB sounds like a good place to start, there's a store across my work so I'll drop by and check some out - though I feel they may not end up being as casual as I'm looking for.
    Ah, if you're going for casual, it wouldn't hurt to at least check out Zara and Uniqlo. Quality might not be stellar, but the styling is usually good, and they seem to come out with new, slimmer pants pretty often. Here are some links: http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...KET%2BTROUSERS http://www.mrporter.com/product/300495 [​IMG]

2. 1up

1up Senior member

Ah, if you're going for casual, it wouldn't hurt to at least check out Zara and Uniqlo. Quality might not be stellar, but the styling is usually good, and they seem to come out with new, slimmer pants pretty often. Here are some links:

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...KET%2BTROUSERS

http://www.mrporter.com/product/300495

[​IMG]

The APC's would have been perfect...I was gonna buy an Acne cardigan from that sale too, just never pulled the trigger. I slept on those big time, fuck.

3. SupeMassivePowerTrip

SupeMassivePowerTrip Well-Known Member

Where can I get a non leather moto jacket <$300

4. filcol

filcol Senior member

Why so much hate on cargo shorts here on SF?

5. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

There are a lot of different forms of cargos and I wouldn't say there is 100%, definitive, collective agreement that cargo shorts are a no go. A few designers are adding cargo pockets to their pants and shorts, and in my opinion, doing it tastefully subtle.

Though, when I think "cargo shorts", I think of some big old Abercrombie & Fitch shorts with giant cargo pockets and frayed hems in khaki -- and for me -- that look just kind of epitomized mid-nineties highschool mall fashion (been there, done that, and don't plan to go back -- even if fashion is cyclical). And I think cargos, as a style of pant in today's world of mens fashion, are still trying to shake that stigma.

You'll also see a lot of slim cargos now -- where the pockets are not functional like they used to be. Mostly on pants. So the non-obtrusive, tasteful pockets, on a slim pair of shorts or chinos I think you would find to be 'acceptable' by the internet, if styled correctly.

6. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Quick sizing question:

I wear a size 2 in Thom Browne would size should I get for Geller shirts 46/48?
    What's the fit like on Geller shirts? Thanks in advance.

I wear a 2 in TB as well and am almost in between a 46 and 48 in Geller shirts. They fit slim with high armholes. Tight in the shoulders. The 46 I owned was fine in sleeve length, chest, length, but a tad tight in the shoulder. The 48 I have is a better fit in the shoulder, similar fit in the chest, a tad long in the sleeves, and longer than I prefer in length, but I haven't washed it yet and hoping it fits a bit better in length afterwards. Basically, the variance between chest, shoulder between those sizes isn't too big, more noticeable in sleeve and length. Hope that helps.

Because every walking male seems to own a pair over oversized ill fitting cargo shorts that look garish. Get a pair of slim fitting ones that sit above the knee and have the pockets sitting more on the front than sides, and they're better received. For an example, see Woolrich Woolen Mills Bush shorts: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cRfICUGCHW...h/shorts2.jpeg or Wings+ Horns Bush Shorts.

7. filcol

filcol Senior member

It's because I love wearing plain Tees. And I feel like chino shorts with plain tees are just too.. plain?
    When I wear Shirts + Chino Shorts everything is fine, but if it's just a white Tee, I feel like Cargo Shorts look much better, look more "full".

8. Cogito

Cogito New Member

Anyone know the approx measurements of Thom Browne shirts in size 1?

9. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

What's a good leather conditioner for shoes?
    Thanks

The general consensus on SF seems to be that Saphir Renovateur is the best one out there. I've also used the Allen-Edmonds one, and I've been happy with that one as well.

10. culture

culture Senior member

Anyone have any info on this Burberry polo? I bought it a few years ago at Holts and it fits me perfectly, I would love to pick up another handful but I cant find them anywhere. I think it was $225cad, the bottom and sleeves are elasticized.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

12. Desi

Desi Senior member

Any Antonio Azzuolo stocklist that are not in Japan?

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

anyone in the us with experience ordering from ssense using expedited parcel -- how long did it take for you to receive your good(s)?

14. dmash

dmash Senior member

anyone in the us with experience ordering from ssense using expedited parcel -- how long did it take for you to receive your good(s)?

2 business days. and I'm in FL. Was shocked.

15. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

for what its worth to you - even w/o expedited shipping, my packages from ssense come really fast to the US - normally around 5 business days - sometimes even quicker..