Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. skalana

skalana New Member

Guys, a couple of weeks ago I bought Levi's 501 (pre-shrunk, from Amazon) for the first time in my life and I'm a bit confused.
    I got them in my normal size 38x36 and they fit okay but they are supposed to be regular fit while they seem to me to be more like slim fitting jeans (closer around the thighs, not roomy).

I mean I have a number of jeans from Lee and a few other less-known brands (all classic fit) and they feel much roomier in thighs. Is there a problem with me or 501s are designed to be that slim? Why classic fit then?

2. altemp

altemp Senior member

I guess it depends what you consider slim fit or 'classic' fit. 501 is a loose cut on most people, it could just be that you're used to Lee/random brand which tend to be even looser (baggy, basically). If they don't look like they're painted on in the thighs, they're probably fine.

3. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

What's a good leather conditioner for shoes?
    Thanks

4. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

Anyone know what the sizing is like on the Italian made CO-OP Barney's footwear (specifically their boots)? I'm considering a pair but I normally take 11.5 and they only seem to offer 11 and 12. Also, how is the quality?

5. oisin

oisin Senior member

suggest a pair of shoes i can wear casually and to work (not sneaker, but not dress shoes) in black, under $150, preferably under $100 (desert boot would work but i already have a pair in sand and also don't like the regular clarks black DB).

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

7. norcal_indy

norcal_indy Senior member

What's a good leather conditioner for shoes? Thanks
    I use Saphir Renovateur for most leather shoes. I also have Montana Pitch-Blend for work boots and Doc Marten wonder balm for random stuff and my wife's Docs.

8. spacetaekwon

spacetaekwon Well-Known Member

Quick sizing question:

I wear a size 2 in Thom Browne would size should I get for Geller shirts 46/48?
    What's the fit like on Geller shirts? Thanks in advance.

9. 1up

1up Senior member

What are some pants that fit similar to Jcrew's Urban Slim Fit pants, but are of higher quality - the next step up I guess? Looking for navy blue.

anyone?

10. Islander

Islander Senior member

Asked this in the Iron Ranger boot thread but that thread is not often visited....

With the Iron Ranger, is there a distinction between the "hawthorne" and the "hawthorne mule skinner" or are they one and the same?

Always thought they were the same but Amazon has them listed as if they are separate leather options (even though on my monitor they look the same to my eye). Looking to grab a pair but want to know all available leather options b4 pulling the trigger.

They are the same. It's a rough-out leather, not suede. Kind of like Alden's reverse chamois.

11. rellison

rellison Well-Known Member

Question: I want to buy this Alexander McQueen Suede Leather Perfecto Jacket.

I think it's nice, but girlfriend thinks it's douchey/gay.

Question is: Is it douchey? Is it gay?

12. rellison

rellison Well-Known Member

Here's the pic sorry:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. 1up

1up Senior member

Here's the pic sorry:

Doesn't look douchey or gay imo, I could do without the fraying at the bottom though

14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

anyone?

1up, you might read up on BB slim fit pants in the MC section; I believe they might fit similar and be in the same price range.

The last time I checked Gilt, they were selling navy Trovata (and other) slim fit pants on sale for about $100; I would consider that a step up, though I'm not sure what the SF consensus is.

Mr Porter had APC chinos for half-off (about $100), but are now sold out, I think. It'd be worth it to ask if they'll carry these again.

Finally, there's B&S. Obvious, but barring Daffy's if you live in NY, I don't think I've seen cheaper deals on great pants. Incotex, Mabitex, APC, RLPL would all certainly fit the bill, among others.

15. 1up

1up Senior member

1up, you might read up on BB slim fit pants in the MC section; I believe they might fit similar and be in the same price range.

The last time I checked Gilt, they were selling navy Trovata (and other) slim fit pants on sale for about $100; I would consider that a step up, though I'm not sure what the SF consensus is.

Mr Porter had APC chinos for half-off (about $100), but are now sold out, I think. It'd be worth it to ask if they'll carry these again.

Finally, there's B&S. Obvious, but barring Daffy's if you live in NY, I don't think I've seen cheaper deals on great pants. Incotex, Mabitex, APC, RLPL would all certainly fit the bill, among others.

Good info, I think BB sounds like a good place to start, there's a store across my work so I'll drop by and check some out - though I feel they may not end up being as casual as I'm looking for.