Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Here's one for you: I notice some of my unhemmed chinos are the same length as those super-stacking metallic jeans people shit themselves over. If I taper the legs on these chinos, rather than hemming them, will I end up with super-pancaking chinos to shit yourself over -- or just slimmer pants?

2. 1up

1up Senior member

Here's one for you: I notice some of my unhemmed chinos are the same length as those super-stacking metallic jeans people shit themselves over. If I taper the legs on these chinos, rather than hemming them, will I end up with super-pancaking chinos to shit yourself over -- or just slimmer pants?

Not sure if the weight of the chino is anywhere comparable to a denim to get the same stacking effect, though would be cool to see it on a chino.

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Looking for a solid, slim chambray BD for summer, any suggestions? N&F has a nice one, but otherwise I'm at a bit of a loss.

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Looking for a solid, slim chambray BD for summer, any suggestions? N&F has a nice one, but otherwise I'm at a bit of a loss.

This is my fav from Gitman. You can find stock @ tres bien shop and others...

[​IMG]

5. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

Want the Geller dip dye sweatshirt. I'm a medium and most of my shirts have a 20 in p2p measurement which gives me room to move. Should I go with a 38?

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i would recommend sizing down to a 46 in the dip dye. tees i go true to size. for me i wear a 46 in tees and wear a 44 in dip dyed. other members size down 1 as well. question: i want some year-round trousers (dress pants not chinos), what material is best?? should i get a blend? also want a sheen to them; rookie to the dress pant department [​IMG]

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

whenever I read your posts I am left with a feeling of "what the fuck is this guy talking about?"

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG] Thanks, Mikey. I imagine that happens to you a lot. More succinctly, I wonder, should I slim the leg opening on my unhemmed, forty-something inseam chinos, if they would stack like designer jeans of similar length. [​IMG]

9. bobm

bobm Senior member

Can you wear cream or white linen pants and black shirt with brown shoes and brown belt, or is it black only?

Bob

10. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

[​IMG] Thanks, Mikey. I imagine that happens to you a lot. More succinctly, I wonder, should I slim the leg opening on my unhemmed, forty-something inseam chinos, if they would stack like designer jeans of similar length. [​IMG]

Chinos tend to be of lighter weight than denim, so the stacking will probably look crumply and ugly.

11. outsidetown

outsidetown Member

Feel like picking up some Clarks weavers - is "Oakwood" a good colour to wear with navy/olive chinos?

12. lwkeung

lwkeung Senior member

Feel like picking up some Clarks weavers - is "Oakwood" a good colour to wear with navy/olive chinos?

It'll look good. But I would prefer a darker brown.

13. nin145h

nin145h New Member

Found a sick deal that gets you 50% off nooka watches, any of their watches - including the new spring ones! [​IMG]

Wondering where I should post it, anyone interested? (or is sharing that kind of stuff not cool here) [​IMG]

14. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Does anyone own this Gitman Japanese organic shirt? I would really love to get my hands on the blue version, shown below, in a size small. Not feeling the other colour combos as much. If someone knows where I can find a shop carrying one (besides woodwood) please PM me. I really would appreciate it, thanks. I would also be open to buying one used if someone would be willing to part with theirs. [​IMG]

15. phreak

phreak Senior member

Anyone have experience with Parke and Ronen shirts or pants? The fits on their website look good...