1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. puddin

puddin Senior member

it looks fine. lots of companies put darts in plaid shirts. looks fine on striped shirts too, if you ask me.

2. torontobluered

torontobluered Active Member

hey guys,

i have a suit for which the pants are pleated [​IMG] i bought it a long time ago before i knew anything about clothes/suits. from what i've seen pleated pants are not fashionable lol. is there no hope for my suit? nothing can be done with the pants to make them look better? i mean in terms of tailoring/alterations/etc

3. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Can't actually see the image since it's blocked at work, but I will say this. Pleat are fine as long as they are there inconsideration of the original design of the suit. What I mean by that is that if you remove the pleats, there are probably any number of other design aspects with the rest of the suit that you would still want to change to make it look "cool" If you want a "cool" suit you're better off buying a new suit. Wear the suit to work or other formal functions and it'll probably function just fine. With all of that said, you can have the pleats removed from a pair of pants, but it is pretty expensive and should only be done by a tailor that you really trust.

4. islay

islay Well-Known Member

Hi, is there a significant diffrence in quality in Timberland boot company models made in dominican republic vs. previous models made in China?

5. Tesla

Tesla Member

About the Alpha Khaki, What does Dockers mean by "Break'em in like jeans. Wear 'em like khaki"?
    I don't understand Jeans language so I bought these and have no idea If I should expect or do something about this.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  6. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

They're just saying they're comfortable.

7. amathew

amathew Senior member

I wear dress shirts to work on most days. However, I really don't like wearing dress shirts by themselves, so I usually
    pair it with a sweater, cardigan, or vest. I just don't like the dress shirt by itself look, not sure why. I also don't own a
    blazer or sportscoat, so I guess that's something I could consider. Anyways, I'm looking for other clothing pieces which
    I can pair with a dress shirt?

Plus, do you guys ever wear dress shirts just by itself (undershirt underneath of course)? Isn't it a weird look on many guys?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  8. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

:puzzled:

Where did you get these ideas? Wearing an undershirt is in no way a given, and a dress shirt without any other layers is like...one of the most basic menswear looks.

9. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

chucks size 8, 40 in cp, 41 in mmm

anyone know what size I am in the loake aldwych (capital last)?

10. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

A navy blazer is a great choice.

Also, if you don't like "dress shirts" by themselves, chances are that they don't fit you well. Take your shirts to a tailor, and you might find that the improvement in fit is all you need to make them work on their own.

11. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

bump

12. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

13. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

14. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

^ grey is prettier imo but it really depends on what you're wearing with it

15. Chie

Chie Well-Known Member

16. Drchilipepper

Drchilipepper Active Member

I was wondering if anyone had any idea how Comme Des Garcons PLAY shirts fit. Im a pretty slim guy (36" chest) and usually wear smalls t shirts. From what Ive gathered I should go with a medium because the shirts are very slim.

Also, before pulling the trigger on buying one I checked out ebay and found CDG PLAY shirts for about 75% off msrp. Are these too good to be true? I never have really used ebay for clothing before. Im currently at university, thus there is no retailer in the area that sells these shirts.

example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMME-Des-G...hirts&var=&hash=item8012d7b3c6#ht_1628wt_1121

Thanks for the help

17. amathew

amathew Senior member

Another Question:

When wearing a sweater, how form fitting should the sweater be?

I find it really hard to find slim sweaters, so everything I have tends to be a little wide around the body.
    Is that recomended? Obviously, it's not supposed to be skin tight, but I sometimes wear a good
    slim fit dress shirt with a sweater on top, and that sweater just ruins the look because it's just wide.

Is it worth getting a sweater tailored?

This is an example of what I wore to the office today.

It's a BR sweater in size small, which is still big on me. I'm a 5"4 dude that's 155 pounds so I just buy small in mens instead of shopping in the boys section, even though the stuff might a little larger than desired.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  18. althanis

althanis Senior member

I don't like how that looks to be honest. I think you're going to want something that fits better; it doesn't have to be skin tight to fit better than that. BR's shit is all too big. If you're in the US why don't you try XS? If you're in Canada like me then you're shit outta luck cause they don't carry XS here.

19. amathew

amathew Senior member

Thanks. Unfortunately, BR didn't have an XS for that sweater. I've heard decent things about JCrew Merino sweaters and they are available in XS.
    Probably will go on my wish list as I just bought a Steve Miller sweater via CLADMen during their closing sale, which is probably going to be too big also.

20. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

yeah BR's sizing kinda sucks. +1 on the jcrew sweaters, they tend to go on sale quite often too.