Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

I bought the robert geller grey leather off ssense and was wondering what goes with grey jackets. It was 50% off so i couldn't pass it up!

2. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Does anyone have experience with Oak + Fort? Might be interested in getting a pocket T from there

3. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Clarks Desert Boots with grey trousers. Yay or nay? and if yes, what color?

I'm working this summer. I'm familiar with the boss and while I have gotten a pair of black cap toe oxfords, I feel like wearing them everyday is a bit contrived and costumey since I'm only 17. I plan on wearing casual button ups/oxfords to work on most days with jeans/chinos and I'm going to wear either my black adidas sambas or my desert boots to work most of the time.

I'm thinking about wearing my grey trousers as well but my desert boot are grey so I don't want them to clash. I want to buy another pair of desert boots anyway so does anyone have any suggestions on the grey trouser + desert boot combination?

I'm thinking some type of brown suede but I don't really know.

4. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I know you are supposed to match the general color of your belt to your shoes, but that the color ideally should not match your shoes exactly. Also, I have been told that your belt should be a darker shade of said color than your shoes, is this generally true?

If so, I am finding a very difficult time finding a dark burgundy to match my Alden No. 8 PTBs without just buying the cordovan belt directly from Alden (pretty much ideal match). I have found several sources around and on SF that have nice burgundy belts, but not in a darker shade than the Alden No. 8.

Thoughts?

5. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

Clarks Desert Boots with grey trousers. Yay or nay? and if yes, what color?

I'm working this summer. I'm familiar with the boss and while I have gotten a pair of black cap toe oxfords, I feel like wearing them everyday is a bit contrived and costumey since I'm only 17. I plan on wearing casual button ups/oxfords to work on most days with jeans/chinos and I'm going to wear either my black adidas sambas or my desert boots to work most of the time.

I'm thinking about wearing my grey trousers as well but my desert boot are grey so I don't want them to clash. I want to buy another pair of desert boots anyway so does anyone have any suggestions on the grey trouser + desert boot combination?

I'm thinking some type of brown suede but I don't really know.

Oakwood, or brown suede

6. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

I know you are supposed to match the general color of your belt to your shoes, but that the color ideally should not match your shoes exactly. Also, I have been told that your belt should be a darker shade of said color than your shoes, is this generally true?

If so, I am finding a very difficult time finding a dark burgundy to match my Alden No. 8 PTBs without just buying the cordovan belt directly from Alden (pretty much ideal match). I have found several sources around and on SF that have nice burgundy belts, but not in a darker shade than the Alden No. 8.

Thoughts?

If you must match, then match. If not, pick a color that isn't even close. A shade apart will look like a matching fail.

7. reezy

reezy Senior member

Anyone know where I can find KVA sneaks in Las Vegas?

8. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

anyone know any online stores other than barney's and gimmeshoes that sell fiorentini + baker boots?

9. gam29

gam29 Senior member

who makes sneakers for common projects, generic man, lanvin, etc?

10. ramp

ramp Senior member

Anyone know if there's a way to show completed listings on Yahoo Japan?

11. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

What Common Projects size would I be if I am a pretty typical 11.5 US in most of the well known athletic shoe brands? Is it pretty hard to find CPs this big?

12. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

probably 44, I wear 11.5 in most shoes. 45 in MMM, 10.5 clarks
    not hard to find 44s

13. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

14. triad

triad Active Member

15. filcol

filcol Senior member

way too big right [​IMG] ?

[​IMG]