Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. dmash

dmash Senior member

Strongly disagree that your Margielas and your CPs fit the same. CPs are wayyyyyyyy narrower than GATs.

2. norcal_indy

norcal_indy Senior member

Strongly disagree that your Margielas and your CPs fit the same. CPs are wayyyyyyyy narrower than GATs. I wear the same in both, my 41 achilles are a touch long in the toe, my GATs are perfect. I'm a true 8.5
    Interesting. I actually expected the 45 MMM to be roomier than the 44 CPs and they're not. The width on both shoes feels the same to me. I'm a true 11.5 and also have 45 CPs to compare to and the 45 CPs are definitely longer than the 45 GATs.

3. dmash

dmash Senior member

same size in mmms and cps should measure the cps being a little bit longer but the cps being narrower. that's why a lot of people have to size up on cps.

4. norcal_indy

same size in mmms and cps should measure the cps being a little bit longer but the cps being narrower. that's why a lot of people have to size up on cps.
    I just tried on both shoes - 45 MMM on the right and 44 CP on the left - and there was exactly the same amount of room between my toes and the end of the shoe on both shoes and I didn't detect any difference in width. Both of my feet have identical measurements so I doubt that influenced the experiment [​IMG] Anyway, maybe I have narrow feet or something? I'm not trying to say that they fit like this for everyone, but it's definitely how they feel to me.

5. dmash

dmash Senior member

I just tried on both shoes - 45 MMM on the right and 44 CP on the left - and there was exactly the same amount of room between my toes and the end of the shoe on both shoes and I didn't detect any difference in width. Both of my feet have identical measurements so I doubt that influenced the experiment [​IMG] Anyway, maybe I have narrow feet or something? I'm not trying to say that they fit like this for everyone, but it's definitely how they feel to me.
    no, that's completely normal lol, i said the cps fit longer and narrower if they're the SAME size. you're putting on a bigger size in MMM. and yes, if you can go truer to size in CP then you have narrow fit as they're pretty damn small in width.

6. norcal_indy

no, that's completely normal lol, i said the cps fit longer and narrower if they're the SAME size. you're putting on a bigger size in MMM. and yes, if you can go truer to size in CP then you have narrow fit as they're pretty damn small in width.
    Ah, I see what you're saying. Size up one in MMM if you wear TTS CP. Wear your CP size in MMM if you needed to size up in CP because of width. So, that's why my suggestion of "size up one" might not work out for the dude if he had already sized up in CPs.

7. dmash

dmash Senior member

confusing people

8. strumpey

strumpey Active Member

Can I please get recommendations for shops with an internet shop where I can buy hiking/trekking boots.

Thanks

9. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

1. I'm sure I saw someone saying they had obtained new insoles for their MMM Gats, presumably from MMM directly. Anyone tried this for laces?

2. Are the female MMM hi's hugely different (I see the laces on the female version are less chunky?) from the male version and will a 41 in each fit the same?

10. McCurry

McCurry Senior member

Hey any thought on Timberland Boatshoes? I heard they don't hold up too well. note that I don't have access to other legit Boatshoe brand

11. parkie

parkie Member

ID this Jacket.

Hi, does anyone know where to get this jacket? Also, it looks like a waxed cotton jacket, but someone else mentioned that it was leather. Any info will help. Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Who makes a decent fitting nylon bomber jacket that isnt $400?

13. zoose

zoose Member

JCrew flat front essential chinos:

Do they use just a single button fastener? None of that clip/inner button stuff?

Prefer cuffed or uncuffed? If cuffed, does that mean I have to add on to the ordered length? Or subtract for uncuffed? Or they just cut it to size?

14. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

JCrew flat front essential chinos: Do they use just a single button fastener? None of that clip/inner button stuff? Prefer cuffed or uncuffed? If cuffed, does that mean I have to add on to the ordered length? Or subtract for uncuffed? Or they just cut it to size?
    It's just a single button - no little metal clasp/buckle like you would see on some trousers or slacks.. cuffing is your own decision but I like to cuff in the summer, personally. So I would like my normal inseam that has just a small break at my foot (rather than a few extra inches), making it easier to give it a cuff to show just a bit of ankle, or sock, if that's what you're trying to do..

15. 1up

1up Senior member

Do these fit okay? Am I doing it completely wrong? They're just some twill pants from AA, was considering buying Urban Slim Fit pants from Jcrew but pants are always tough to size for me and I was nervous about ordering online. Anyone own both and can comment comparatively? The taper is too narrow to wear them long with Clark DB's so I'm pretty much forced to cuff them up.

[​IMG]

I'm guessing the Bowery cotton twill in urban slim fit maybe what I'm looking for? Or is it the stanton?