Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Llamadon

Llamadon Member

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

I'm torn between the two. I'd mainly be wearing it with a lab coat and/or scrubs at work and with jeans when i go out. I rarely have to wear a suit so I'm not too worried about that.

2. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior member

Neither. Get a Seiko 5. That's a schmucks watch^, it's worth about $20.

3. Llamadon

Llamadon Member

Neither. Get a Seiko 5. That's a schmucks watch^, it's worth about $20.

Are there any Seiko 5's with fabric bands or the capability to have the band changed? I really don't know anything about watches, I just know that I need one for work and I like fabric bands.

4. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior member

Are there any Seiko 5's with fabric bands or the capability to have the band changed? I really don't know anything about watches, I just know that I need one for work and I like fabric bands.

SNZG15K1

Get it off eBay from a reputable seller. EXACTLY what you're looking for with a workhorse of a movement that is true and tried. $120 or so.

[​IMG]

5. Llamadon

Llamadon Member

SNZG15K1 Get it off eBay from a reputable seller. EXACTLY what you're looking for with a workhorse of a movement that is true and tried. $120 or so. http://76.my/UserImages/Items/0911/25/[email protected][IMG][/I]
    Thanks so much. I will almost definitely be purchasing this watch.

6. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior member

you're welcome man. i have the same watch as a beater watch. [​IMG] Big watch guy here, trust me, it's your best bet for what you're looking for

7. americanidle

americanidle Member

Does anyone recognize the brand/model jacket that Mark Ruffalo wears in The Kids Are All Right:

[​IMG]

8. Flame

Flame Senior member

Whats the advantage of single needle stitching? Or is it just an older, more labor intensive hence more expensive method of production?

9. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

baller & non-baller sneaker brands that offer much of their selection wide sizes, or tend to be wide normally?

SF searches yield Superga, Converse, Ferragamo etc... New Balance comes to mind, and Nike ID can be ordered wide.

10. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior member

baller & non-baller sneaker brands that offer much of their selection wide sizes, or tend to be wide normally? SF searches yield Superga, Converse, Ferragamo etc... New Balance comes to mind, and Nike ID can be ordered wide.
    Stay away from Common Projects, very narrow. Margiela GATs are normal width. Lanvin sneaks run very wide. Hope this helps, I'm baller sneaks only : )

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

just an older, more labor intensive hence more expensive method of production?
    This. If you're super anal, single stitching results in just 1 row of exposed stitching (the underside will still have 2 rows, but the seams will be flatfelled sewn once with only half the fold and then sewn again compete) and done in such a way that there will be no puckering along the seam.

12. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

13. tyboy

tyboy Member

Sorry to keep with the shoe ID questions, but how about these boat shoes (images from BR):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not Sperry's. Also not on piperlime like you'd think. (What's the point of owning a shoe store too if you aren't going to sell the shoes you show in your other store's displays?)

14. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

have you checked the BR shoes section? obvious question, I'm sorry.

EDIT: nope, not there. They look kinda like Sebago, but the seemingly square toe doesn't look brand-appropriate. Have you looked at Quoddy?

15. tyboy

tyboy Member

I appreciate the help, man. No they definitely aren't Quoddy. Why can't we figure these out? I've literally scoured dozens of sites. Normally I hate boat shoes, but something about these and their color I love.

I wonder if these are the same but in black, (from the Theory look book):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The point is, I WANT THESE AHH.