1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Depends on price and style you want...

Lux - Balenciaga Lurex
    [​IMG]

Workwear-ish - Rag & Bone Kents
    [​IMG]

2. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

I have 2 questions :

I have a pair of leather shoes (not the dress kind, its a mix of casual/going out type) that has been scratched on new years eve...i was hammered to shit. eventually blacked out.

anyways they are expensive. and i just bought them. there's scratches all over the place. any idea how to permanently get rid of them. im aware u probably cant completely get rid of them but at least minimize the damage-look.

also does the newer j.lindeberg line does not have the logo on the chest area for most clothes? cuz i bought a shawl collar herringbone sweatshirt and it does not have the logo on the chest like it shows on the website.

3. oxx

oxx Member

A good polish will help a lot as long as you didn't majorly gouge the leather. I think most leather shoes look better worn in, especially if they're not formal. Keep wearing them out to wild parties, get them scratched up more, barfed on, whatever, polish every once in a while, and you're good.

4. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Are there any pants that fit what I want:

- Warm, thick wool
    - Slim (not skinny)
    - Navy or charcoal
    - Stretch

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  5. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

thank you, appreciate the answer. it made me feel better knowing its better "worn" but as long u polish it a bit once a while.

also have another question. since i saw this outfit by daniel craig. i really admire this outfit alot.

[​IMG]

any idea what shoes/jeans AND travel bag hes using? this outfit gives me another idea of what to wear. its beautiful imo.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  6. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

7. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

If you don't mind darts in the back (two vertical lines created when the tailor pinches the fabric together and sews the pinched area closed), then you can have these tailored to fit you perfectly. I just had my tailor work on several of my shirts, which were blousey like this, and now they fit perfectly. $22 shirt + $15 tailoring job = perfection for $37.

8. luker

luker Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if anyone owns this piece from bedwin,care to share some close-up pics on the material?

It's 100% cotton flannel,is the material wool-like and will get "hairy" after wear and age?Is this kind of material machine washable?

[​IMG]
    Am looking for some nice check shirts,or something similar as above. Any recommendations?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  9. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Anyone has experience of import duty with DHL?

I am going to order a jacket from UK, they ship via DHL. How can I pay DHL if there's an import duty? Will they bill me? How much I should pay? I heard it's like 10%.

What's the chance of they don't let me pay import duty?

10. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:
    Just keep in mind where the fur is coming from. It's one thing to own something made of cow/sheep leather, since those animals are being raised for food, but it's another entirely to have something made out of an animal that was raised with the sole purpose of being killed to provide you with a soft luxury item.

11. Desi

Desi Senior member

^Take that shit home!

Fur that hood to the next level.

12. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:
    [​IMG]

13. Newstyle

Newstyle Senior member

So I am looking at buying some raw indigo trousers, I'm 5'8" and typically wear a 30X30, I have noticed that the measurements for these trousers and a lot of other raw indigo denim has a 30 waist but the inseam is 36. Are they meant for rolling the legs up? I'mnot used to these measurements.

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

Studiohomme shipped a order with DHL didn't mark down value (~$500 in dollars) and I didn't have any customs to California. Only one experience with DHL and I haven't had any customs ever to California so not sure if this is that helpful or not.

15. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:
    You're supposed to just get them hemmed it'll cost you like $10. Or just stack them up, I have the same inseam and I never hemmed my jeans which were a 36.

16. Earthistic

Earthistic Member

need an advice, does the RRL have fake stuff? i mean not authentic. Thanks

17. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

+1 on this. It's totally normal for a lot of higher end denims to only have one inseam size.

18. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

If you are spending some serious money - don't just get them hemmed, but have them chainstitched which a lot of denim specialty shops can do.

19. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

So it looks like even the stores didn't mark down value, there's still have chance not hit customs.

Thanks Stevent.

anyone else was charged and paid customs before?

20. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

umm...can u show me a pic example of hemmed jeans and chainstitched?