Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Lithium Br8kfst

Lithium Br8kfst Senior member

Does anyone know how Gant Rugger shirts fit compared of BoO shirts (I wear a Large in Band)? I should note a 20.5"-21" pit to pit/ 17" shoulder on any branded shirt is a perfect fit. Any suggestions on what size in GR I should pick up?

Thanks

2. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Does anyone know if I can wash a 100% cotton blazer in a washing machine without destroying it? A little shrinkage would be fine, I'm just worried about destroying it as the tag says dry clean only.

The jacket is a brooks brothers 100% cotton twill blazer, the material is fairly thick / heavy. The interior is lined with what looks like chambray, sleeves are lined with polyester. Thanks.

Unless you absolutely have to, get it to a dry cleaner. It could easily ruin it if you wash it. Definitely don't advise doing that..

Does anyone know how Gant Rugger shirts fit compared of BoO shirts (I wear a Large in Band)? I should note a 20.5"-21" pit to pit/ 17" shoulder on any branded shirt is a perfect fit. Any suggestions on what size in GR I should pick up?

Thanks

Could be up for debate but i'd say you'd be a L in GR as well, just like BoO

3. Radagast

Radagast Senior member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011

4. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

J Crew Fit Question. Regular vs Slim fit. I have a regular fit J Crew shirt (size L) which fits well at the shoulders/chest/arms but is too loose at the waist. Looking at ordering a shirt from the slim fit line. Do the slim fits maintain the same sizing on the shoulders/chest/arms with a slimmer waist? Or does it narrow up top too?
    I would think you would be L in slim fit. I have a slim fit in S and the regular fit in S which needed some darts.

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Do they still make these Dior Homme 19cm in indigo? If so, is there someone on the forum who still proxies them? I'm interested in getting a pair.
    That's the normal 19cm MiJ raw, of course they do. You can get it from any Dior stockist in the world.

6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Does anyone know if I can wash a 100% cotton blazer in a washing machine without destroying it? A little shrinkage would be fine, I'm just worried about destroying it as the tag says dry clean only.

The jacket is a brooks brothers 100% cotton twill blazer, the material is fairly thick / heavy. The interior is lined with what looks like chambray, sleeves are lined with polyester. Thanks.

If it has a lining, it's not 100% cotton. Best not to wash it unless the care tag specifically recommends it.

Oh -- and check the care tag. You might luck out. [​IMG]

7. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Anyone know of a shop still carrying this Gitman shirt in a sz small? Needsupply is sold out. Thanks! [​IMG]

8. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Are there any other respectable retailers\\etailers like Epaulet that have a good fitting and good quality line of inhouse chinos, shirts, dressshirts, trousers, etc? I have also been looking at ordering a few of Kent Wang's dressshirts as well.

Any suggestions?

9. twistedSADISTIC

twistedSADISTIC Active Member

[​IMG]

I've ordered this denim jacket with a feeling that the chest measurement may be a bit too big for me. Would it be possible to get the pit-to-pit length reduced on it? I don't have any previous experience with clothing alterations.

10. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Who carries Julius in LA?

11. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

It's a big risk. Colour bleed is a possibility, and it may have fusing that could separate.

If you're prepared to take the risk with washing it I'd handwash it in the bath or sink on a coolish wash rather than machine wash it. I have successfully handwashed garments labelled dry-clean only, but I've only risked it on items that I could afford to ruin...

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

Who carries Julius in LA?

Hlorenzo if you mean Los Angeles

13. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

What shirts to pair with chambray shorts?

Summer shoes recommendations that can be worn with socks?

14. Hollywars

Hollywars Senior member

Shirts: Anything in a light color, I'd say. I wouldn't try to go for an all chambray look.

Shoes: also light colors, maybe GATs?

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Moved [​IMG]