Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

Great places I don't know about to shop in NYC? I'm making a day trip there this week to visit a friend and am bored of scoping out every floor of barneys. Preferably in manhattan, but if you give me a real good reason to venture out i will

2. emilo

emilo Senior member

I really want the Common Projects black Officers Boots. I don't, however, have 500-700 bucks to through at a pair, so my question is:

Is there a cheap alternative to the CP Officer boots out there?

Thanks! [​IMG]

3. Popol Vuh

Popol Vuh Active Member

jeans and white tee

Tried this but ultimately I felt the fact they're brogued was quite incongruent with the rest of the outfit seeing as it's really boring, also the fact they're black makes it look kind of weird. Unless I got trolled then I feel silly.

I either need tips on what to wear them with or preferably fit pics of people wearing black Stows or in fact any black brogues with a more SW&D outfit.

4. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

Does anyone know where I can buy common projects arctic boots?

I can't seem to find anywhere that isn't sold out...

5. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

What is the quality of APC suits?

6. Grainger

Grainger New Member

7. Laco

Laco Member

Hello !

I would like to wear a very light (almost white) linen sportjacket. What trousers should I choose (maybe dark jeans or dark navy blue trousers) ? I would choose a beige+white belt and the same whiteish/beige casual shoes.

Thanks

8. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

Anyone ever dealt with really tight velvet pants? Is velvet generally stretchable?

9. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

Anyone ever dealt with really tight velvet pants? Is velvet generally stretchable?

Velvet is not generally stretchable, but there is such a thing as stretch velvet, which adds something like spandex to the fabric blend. Velvets made from synthetics may or may not have enough stretch to wear snugly. Pure cotton or silk velvet should not be worn skin-tight.

10. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

^^ thanx

I really like the pants, tho. fuuu

11. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I really want the Common Projects black Officers Boots. I don't, however, have 500-700 bucks to through at a pair, so my question is:

Is there a cheap alternative to the CP Officer boots out there?

Thanks! [​IMG]

I've learned settling for "cheaper alternatives" always backfires in the end. Not to say you have to go broke, but have to expect that if you want a boot/shoe/footwear to be and look great generally, you're going to have to pay the premium. Look at Grenson, Paul Smith, Buttero, NDC for some alternatives to that look. You'll have to find them all on sale though if you want to save coin and drop as much.

Hello everybody,

what cuts are these men's pants?
    http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/lc/...nd_5310848.jpg

http://www.gangstersaysrelax.com/sto...=1294611894268

http://img.ihned.cz/attachment.php/2...r_Gessle_2.jpg

I mean the lower leg. Is that slim fit? I like it very much.

Jesus, huge pics. Slim tapered fit. Hem openings would likely be between 7"-7.25" (7.5" max).

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l620/Popol_Vuh/Stows.jpg

Just got given a pair of these by my old man (He finds them too tight but they're fine on me), but have absolutely no idea what to wear them with. I'm not expecting them to be the most versatile shoes in the world as far as SW&D is concerned but I'd like to get some wear out of them.

I hate black shoes, but shades of grey chinos, trousers, and even slim jeans (navy or grey family) would work with those.

why are nb's so cool?

Who said they're so cool? Have you read through the threads on SW&D? They get much dislike on these forums. They are okay, but I wouldn't say they're "so cool". Do you think they're so cool?

12. CWRUSteez

CWRUSteez Active Member

Tried this but ultimately I felt the fact they're brogued was quite incongruent with the rest of the outfit seeing as it's really boring, also the fact they're black makes it look kind of weird. Unless I got trolled then I feel silly.

I either need tips on what to wear them with or preferably fit pics of people wearing black Stows or in fact any black brogues with a more SW&D outfit.

I could be completely wrong and an idiot but...I could see these going with some of those very slim fitting cargo pants in fatigue green and some sort of crew-neck (grey maybe) or a white button up and a black silk knit tie Might be too military for you though.....

13. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I could be completely wrong and an idiot
    but...I could see these going with some of those very slim fitting cargo pants in fatigue green and some sort of crew-neck (grey maybe) or a white button up and a black silk knit tie
    Might be too military for you though.....

Black brogue boots and fatigue green cargo pants do not mix. Ever.

14. CWRUSteez

CWRUSteez Active Member

Like I said, I could be completely and totally wrong I understand the total dislike for cargo, but I liked the slim fit ones. Something like this apparently I was mistaken Please disregard my previous post

15. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Is there a forum, or some blogs or maybe even some particular shops someone could point me to for women's clothing in the vein of the SW&D sub-forum: simply, untrendy heirloom quality shit? I'm absolutely clueless...