Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

OK, let's say I am going to have four pairs of shoes ONLY.

I have Thorogood Boots, black captoes, and brown longwings.

What would be THE fourth pair that I MUST have? Cannot be sneakers as I need to be able to wear to the office. Should ideally be versatile but not boring.

2. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

3. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

SVB, buy something fun.
    +1 Why does every single pair of nice shoes you own have to be meant for the office? Why not buy a fun pair of sneakers priced at the same as a pair of Aldens? but if you have to, get a pair of suede bucks, red sole, and color you want (eg caramel?)

4. East2West

East2West Senior member

+2. Get something fun for the PM and the weekend! Mix it up a bit there SVB like scott, et al.

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Anyone ever had trouble returning items to Brooks Brothers? Thinking about avoiding the shipping fee and taking it in to a local shop. Not sure when I will have time though and the website doesn't seem to have a time limit on their return policy. Safe to assume they'll take the return as long as it is unworn/unaltered etc etc.?

6. StanleyVanBuren

I know what it's supposed to be but I always read your SN as "ghetto asty"

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

[​IMG] do you know BB return policy btw? you seem to have a lot of shirts

8. StanleyVanBuren

No, I'm sorry, I'm of no help... I would be shocked if they didn't take it though. Plenty of places will take returns in-store for merch purchased online. If BB doesn't, they're idiots.

9. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

OK, let's say I am going to have four pairs of shoes ONLY. I have Thorogood Boots, black captoes, and brown longwings. What would be THE fourth pair that I MUST have? Cannot be sneakers as I need to be able to wear to the office. Should ideally be versatile but not boring.
    you need a pair of sneakers. some nice (cp, mj, whatever) non-weird canvas ones would probably suit you well. maybe this in white or grey?

10. StanleyVanBuren

but if you have to, get a pair of suede bucks, red sole, and color you want (eg caramel?)

Ok, this was basically what I was thinking. I actually do have a pair of Bass suede bucks with the red brick sole and this probably cements their status in my rotation. I guess they are a pretty good go-to summer shoe.

you need a pair of sneakers. some nice (cp, mj, whatever) non-weird canvas ones would probably suit you well.

maybe this in white or grey?

Oh, nice -- I actually like these a lot. The grey ones look great. I have some Keds sneakers but I'm leaning heavily towards getting rid of them because the soles are way too thin. These don't seem to have that problem.

11. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

my friend has a pair, they are pretty nice and substantial. definitely worth the money. kind of tempted on the greys for low key wear myself. there is also this: [​IMG]

12. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

Is there an official SW&D Vegas thread? I've looked around for a bit and couldn't find one. Can I start one without getting flamed?

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Anyone ever had trouble returning items to Brooks Brothers? Thinking about avoiding the shipping fee and taking it in to a local shop. Not sure when I will have time though and the website doesn't seem to have a time limit on their return policy. Safe to assume they'll take the return as long as it is unworn/unaltered etc etc.?

If you have a receipt, you will get your full money back (less shipping).
    If you don't have a receipt, you will get store credit.

That. is. it.

You can wear the shit out of it and bring it back for a full refund. Do note that there is a date on each shirt (born date), so they will check that if you don't have a receipt. If your receipt is anywhere within reason 1 year or less, they won't even bother to inspect the shirt.

I brought back 6 Brooks Broothers slim fit shirts the other day because I found... Gitman...and I got $400 back, no questions asked. Don't feel bad, they outsource the shirts to Malaysia and make them in gigantic batches--probably costs them $2-3 a shirt, if that.

14. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Anyone with acne experience know what model these are? Interested in other white jean rec's too. Looking for something similar to a petit standard fit. Thanks.

15. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

If you have a receipt, you will get your full money back (less shipping).
    If you don't have a receipt, you will get store credit.

That. is. it.

You can wear the shit out of it and bring it back for a full refund. Do note that there is a date on each shirt (born date), so they will check that if you don't have a receipt. If your receipt is anywhere within reason 1 year or less, they won't even bother to inspect the shirt.

I brought back 6 Brooks Broothers slim fit shirts the other day because I found... Gitman...and I got $400 back, no questions asked. Don't feel bad, they outsource the shirts to Malaysia and make them in gigantic batches--probably costs them $2-3 a shirt, if that.

+1 BB is pretty excellent about returning goods.

OK, let's say I am going to have four pairs of shoes ONLY.

I have Thorogood Boots, black captoes, and brown longwings.

What would be THE fourth pair that I MUST have? Cannot be sneakers as I need to be able to wear to the office. Should ideally be versatile but not boring.

Brown Pebble Grain Chukkas