Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. filcol

filcol Senior member

GUYS NEED HELP! HELP ME DECIDE PLS [​IMG]

I need
    - white sneakers
    - jeans
    - some light colored shirts for summer
    - lightweight jacket for summer
    - khakis
    - some basic Ts

but I only have like 450$, so I have to decide on 1 - 3 things..

help pls [​IMG]

2. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

GUYS NEED HELP! HELP ME DECIDE PLS [​IMG]

I need
    - white sneakers
    - jeans
    - some light colored shirts for summer
    - lightweight jacket for summer
    - khakis
    - some basic Ts

but I only have like 450$, so I have to decide on 1 - 3 things..

help pls [​IMG]

What do you already have? Really basic Ts will probably cost like $30 depending on how many you're getting. Everything else depends on your current wardrobe

3. filcol

filcol Senior member

-white sneakers (only grey and brown ones that are "okay", one really really cheap white pair, but no really good sneakers like CPs, MMMs..)
    - jeans (no APC or dior etc.. but a nudie one that's really fine, 2 diesel jeans and 2 cheap ones)
    - summer jacket (none... but I don't know if it's really needed because summers are usually quiet hot here(germany))
    - shirts (3 shirts, white, blue, plaid blue, my other shirts are too warm for summer)
    - khakis (1 but it doesn't fit right anymore)
    - basic Ts (not that much.. dunno now)

4. linkinwayne

-white sneakers (only grey and brown ones that are "okay", one really really cheap white pair, but no really good sneakers like CPs, MMMs..) - jeans (no APC or dior etc.. but a nudie one that's really fine, 2 diesel jeans and 2 cheap ones) - summer jacket (none... but I don't know if it's really needed because summers are usually quiet hot here(germany)) - shirts (3 shirts, white, blue, plaid blue, my other shirts are too warm for summer) - khakis (1 but it doesn't fit right anymore) - basic Ts (not that much.. dunno now)
    I would: - Get CPs/MMMs on sale, should be around $200 (budget down to $250) - Keep the Nudies, sell all the others. Should be able to get around $100 at least. ($350) - Buy a pair of jeans off B&S. Depends on what you're looking for, but should get something decent to good for about $150 max. Try to get something different from the Nudies (eg. indigo instead of black wax) ($200) - Get a light sweater/cardigan instead of a jacket. Something in the $100 price point will do ($100) - Pick up a shirt in a different colour. Maybe a red/purple shirt off TOJ for $120 I don't really do khakis so I left those out, and since you have basic Ts, you should be set

5. filcol

filcol Senior member

Thanks for the great ideas.. I'll try [​IMG]

6. CWRUSteez

CWRUSteez Active Member

I'm looking for a pair of bright yellow chinos very slim but not skinny fit, with at most a 15 inch leg opening for under $60
    any suggestions?

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

sorry I didn't tell the full story but actually I got my jeans altered. now I'm not sure anymore in cuffing it because I'm afraid it'd look weird but if there's no standard width, I will rock it.
    If you really care about it, you can have it altered from the inseam, thereby preserving the selvedge line/width. Problem being, this is a more complicated method and requires trust in your tailor (also may cost a bit more because of this)
    Thanks... I've tried this already. "Bristol" search doesn't give anything good (which doesn't bode well for where I live now...) and "London" is too vague a search term to save me having to trawl through hundreds of threads. To be fair, "UK" would probably have only been more vague.
    If you already have brands in mind, search for those instead
    -white sneakers (only grey and brown ones that are "okay", one really really cheap white pair, but no really good sneakers like CPs, MMMs..) - jeans (no APC or dior etc.. but a nudie one that's really fine, 2 diesel jeans and 2 cheap ones) - summer jacket (none... but I don't know if it's really needed because summers are usually quiet hot here(germany)) - shirts (3 shirts, white, blue, plaid blue, my other shirts are too warm for summer) - khakis (1 but it doesn't fit right anymore) - basic Ts (not that much.. dunno now)
    If you're on a constrained budget, do not go into expensive sneakers. No one's going to notice/care that you paid $xxx for a pair of sneakers. IMO, you'd get a lot more use out of a number of shirts than anything else on the list (save, perhaps, for tees) though the longest lasting option is probably denim

8. linkinwayne

If you really care about it, you can have it altered from the inseam, thereby preserving the selvedge line/width. Problem being, this is a more complicated method and requires trust in your tailor (also may cost a bit more because of this)

If you already have brands in mind, search for those instead

If you're on a constrained budget, do not go into expensive sneakers. No one's going to notice/care that you paid $xxx for a pair of sneakers. IMO, you'd get a lot more use out of a number of shirts than anything else on the list (save, perhaps, for tees) though the longest lasting option is probably denim

To be honest, no one's really going to notice/care how much you pay for clothes in general [​IMG]

It's better to invest in footwear above all others imo. If you're on a budget, you can get shirts for cheap OTR any mall brand (J Crew, Club Monaco, Uniqlo) and even get them tailored if they don't fit.

9. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

I'm looking for a t-shirt with a very wide collar. Sort of like an A-shirt ("wifebeater), but actually has sleeves. Suggestions?

10. max_r

max_r Senior member

^^i can't think of any brands, but i think its called a scoop neck tshirt.

11. linkinwayne

If you're looking for scoop necks, practically all the T-shirts on Asos are exactly that

12. rshternb

rshternb Member

I've been looking everywhere for this jacket and have had no luck at all. Anyone know where I could find it or something similar? It's a reversible by Gant. http://cdn1.gilt.com/images/share/up...?52_1294877408 Edit: Sorry the picture is so small, literally the only picture I can find of it right now

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

To be honest, no one's really going to notice/care how much you pay for clothes in general [​IMG] It's better to invest in footwear above all others imo. If you're on a budget, you can get shirts for cheap OTR any mall brand (J Crew, Club Monaco, Uniqlo) and even get them tailored if they don't fit.
    Sneakers do not have the life expectancy that I would desire out of a large purchase on a small budget, if he was talking shoes/boots I'd go there, but a pair of CPs look just as boring as a pair of cheaper Adidas or whatever. Nice shirts have a decent lifespan and the ability to mix for different looks

14. roryben

roryben Senior member

London; Albam, Present, Dover Street Market, LN-CC though it is appointment only, then just explore see what takes your fancy.

thanks buddy

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

about rugby, brand new shirt and a button fell off just like that (university oxford). in the middle of getting it squared away, [​IMG]