Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

to me epaulet's have the perfect fit, I love mine

2. 4mused

4mused Active Member

Does anyone ever order the same item in two different sizes from an online retailer with good return policies, guaranteeing that one will be returned? I'm sure people do, and I've had such a bad run of sizing issues lately with my own orders I think i have to from now on. Guess I'm just looking for some emotional support

I'm about to buy 2 of the same shoe (different color) and I can almost guarantee they will fit differently.

3. defan

defan Well-Known Member

I'm still looking for some moderately priced shoes (~$200) for wearing with things like Epaulet rivet chinos, khakis, etc. Per a previous question, I was going to get the Mark McNairy shoes (http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...Dainite/Detail) as a first pair but I got some remarks here that said those aren't the greatest quality. I'm also considering Clarks DB's.

Any advice on what to check out? I live in Boston so there are some good stores around here, but I want something higher quality than $80 shoes but not ultra high end shoes either.

Thanks for any help.

4. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

is there any standard width of the selvedge line? I noticed the average is about 0,8 inch but mine is a little more than 1 inch.

5. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

is there any standard width of the selvedge line? I noticed the average is about 0,8 inch but mine is a little more than 1 inch.

if your denim is second hand then the previous owner could of had them tapered

6. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

if your denim is second hand then the previous owner could of had them tapered

sorry I didn't tell the full story but actually I got my jeans altered. now I'm not sure anymore in cuffing it because I'm afraid it'd look weird but if there's no standard width, I will rock it.

by the way, is this chino or not? I'm planning to buy chino trousers but want to make sure if this is real chino. because I thought chino is smoother/thinner. never had one so I don't know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

chino is just a twill (weave) fabric usually made out of 100% cotton, so based on that I would say that this is in fact a chino

tl;dr thickness doesn't matter

8. welcomerain

welcomerain Member

Hi I'm a size 44 in MMM hitops. What size would you suggest for me in Guidi/CCP/Augusta derby shoes.

Thanks

9. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

why do I look weird if I wear shoes with chino trousers? even boat shoes. it seems I can only wear sandals with chino.

10. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

What are the colours of the shoes/chinos? What type of shoes are they?

And sandals are even worse than boat shoes

11. roryben

roryben Senior member

London > 2
    Bristol > 2

Thanks... I've tried this already. "Bristol" search doesn't give anything good (which doesn't bode well for where I live now...) and "London" is too vague a search term to save me having to trawl through hundreds of threads. To be fair, "UK" would probably have only been more vague.

But this doesn't mean I don't still need a nice shove in the right direction. I remember coming across some cool shops in Spitalfields before but I haven't headed back that way yet.
    I'd just like to know where the cool people shop so I can absorb coolness by osmosis.

12. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

What are the colours of the shoes/chinos? What type of shoes are they? And sandals are even worse than boat shoes
    I mean flip-flops. Anyway, the color of the chino is brown and my shoes are 2 top-siders, navy and ice (pale cream). a mismatch maybe?

13. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Can't tell for sure without pics but generally speaking brown pants + blue shoes will look better

14. Ascent

Ascent Senior member

I want to find some good stores in the UK (particularly London or Bristol), but I can't use the Search function because "UK" is only two characters so won't return any results.

This weekend I found some nice little shops in Covent Garden but really not much to whet my appetite.

Any suggestions? Or, is there a "where can I buy..." thread I've missed?

Thanks

London; Albam, Present, Dover Street Market, LN-CC though it is appointment only, then just explore see what takes your fancy.

15. sccoopy

sccoopy Senior member