Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior member

2. Uker

Uker Senior member

whats your price point? assuming you want sub 100, since you are looking at jcrew, i would go with rugby. theres a sale of 25% off on top of sale prices. there are a few hoodies, some reversible, as well

Maybe 150 max if that will open up a few doors, not sure. What else did you have in mind?

Thanks man

3. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Maybe 150 max if that will open up a few doors, not sure. What else did you have in mind?

Thanks man

Save up a bit more, then get a W+H S/S hoodie

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Save up a bit more, then get a W+H S/S hoodie

yeah if your going up to 150 you can do w+h or reigning champ (both same parent company)

5. linkinwayne

yeah if your going up to 150 you can do w+h or reigning champ (both same parent company)

Does reigning champ do lightweight hoodies though? Not too sure

6. randomkoreandude

7. randomkoreandude

8. linkinwayne

Sweet, Haven is like 5 minutes from my house.

EDIT: Ugh zips are only on the heavyweights

9. randomkoreandude

Sweet, Haven is like 5 minutes from my house.

EDIT: Ugh zips are only on the heavyweights

[​IMG]

yeah my personal preference is to always have zips as well ... i have this recycled and its lighter weight then the heavy weights but i think still slightly heavier or equal to w+h spring terry hoodies

10. linkinwayne

Yo, was checking out the lightweight hoodies, a few sites have them but pretty much all sold out for the navy, which is colourway I want. [​IMG]

11. 4mused

4mused Active Member

I recently bought a pair of denim that I thought was the black version of my favorite pair (same brand, same fit: Analog), but my original pair has nylon and lycra in it and this label says 100% cotton. They are nearly identical when put side to side and touched though.

The black pair run slightly baggier and a little longer. I would like to shrink them. What would be the best way? I ran a search and it seemed boiling/wash/dry in hot water would garner the most shrinkage, but the pants are black overdye wax and I don't know if that will ruin the quality or not. Any other suggestions?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

12. linkinwayne

I recently bought a pair of denim that I thought was the black version of my favorite pair (same brand, same fit: Analog), but my original pair has nylon and lycra in it and this label says 100% cotton. They are nearly identical when put side to side and touched though.

The black pair run slightly baggier and a little longer. I would like to shrink them. What would be the best way? I ran a search and it seemed boiling/wash/dry in hot water would garner the most shrinkage, but the pants are black overdye wax and I don't know if that will ruin the quality or not. Any other suggestions?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Depends how they waxed it, but in general I don't wash my waxed jeans. Not too sure if you can/should, but soaking it might be alright

13. linkinwayne

Does anyone know how Rachel Comey shoes fit? Are they TTS? Saw a brilliant one at 50% off but they're half a size bigger [​IMG]

14. 4mused

4mused Active Member

Depends how they waxed it, but in general I don't wash my waxed jeans. Not too sure if you can/should, but soaking it might be alright

The blue ones I've been wearing are waxed by (I'm going off memory of what I read awhile back) by squeeging the wax into the denim with a metal blade so it stays in longer'. I've been wearing that pair since November 2010 almost every single day until last week. Never washed them once (yea, I'm disgusting) and they are pretty faded at the ass and front thighs. That's the reason why I started searching for another pair of jeans, so I wouldn't wear these as much.

I want to say the black pair are waxed like this too, but so far I've been disappointed and falsely led by the jeans in general, so I can't be 100% sure. They feel identical though.

I'm debating if I should just bring both jeans to a tailor and ask them to match it but I'm really not trying to spend more money on these jeans in case they turn out even worse.

15. linkinwayne

I'll let someone more knowledgeable settle that for sure, don't really know myself. To be honest, I've never washed any of the jeans in my current collection, so yeah