Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. *#..

*#.. Senior member

$500
    Yup, the sharkskin suits cost a bit more (maybe a few others) at $500, but the rest cost $480. I met up with Jason, so my suit fits perfectly. Since you're in Canada, look over the how to measure videos he posted on his site and have someone take precise measurements for you.

2. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Yup, the sharkskin suits cost a bit more (maybe a few others) at $500, but the rest cost $480. I met up with Jason, so my suit fits perfectly. Since you're in Canada, look over the how to measure videos he posted on his site and have someone take precise measurements for you.

Sweet, I'll look into it. Thanks!

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

hotdog ... get all your undies/socks from marshalls/tj maxx [​IMG]

ck, rl, even smartwool sometimes. other brands are terrible but cheap enough to just keep replaceing. costco socks i hear are decent as wlel but dont have personal experience with them

4. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

Can anybody suggest a good varsity with raglan sleeves? I saw one recently that had nice arrow points on the tips of the pockets but I can't remember who made it or where I saw it. Regardless, I'm looking for any slim fitting varsities with raglan sleeves. ??

5. nemuine

nemuine Well-Known Member

So I want some nice boots. I've been looking at GTs and 1K Mile but unfortunately they don't have my size of US 6.5D~7C. The only size I can find that I want is the Alden Indys but I would like to see what my other options are. Anyone know of any other boots that match up with these in quality that are available in my size?

6. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

46 low achilles CPs - I know CPs run a bit large, would you say that a normal 13us would fit? 13.5?

7. acularw

acularw Senior member

8. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I'm looking for some casual white pants for spring/summer. Something versatile and relatively slim that I could wear with sneakers. Maybe something like SQ below. Any recommendations that are <$250?

http://www.styleguise.net/forums/ind...s&attach_id=10

If you're a size 30 you should check my sale for the white Incotex pants. Pretty damn cheap for a well made pant.

9. acularw

acularw Senior member

If you're a size 30 you should check my sale for the white Incotex pants. Pretty damn cheap for a well made pant.

Those look great, especially the price, but I am 6' and need ~33" inseam.

10. jgold47

jgold47 Senior member

Got my first pair of selvage. Pretty excited. Plan was to not touch them, just wear them. However, they are too long for me. I have them cuffed with like a 2.5&quot; cuff which isnt my style. Do I get them hemmed? Do I wear them into the shower and shink them up? I am open to ideas here....

11. Doctor Quack

Doctor Quack Senior member

Hopefully, when you wrote &quot;selvage&quot; you actually meant &quot;raw&quot; or &quot;unwashed&quot; because they're not the same, and not really even related. (Note: I'm not disputing that they're selvage, just that that detail is fairly immaterial to this discussion.)

As for the length, you have a couple of options. Obviously, if they're too long and you don't like cuffing, then you should get them hemmed (depending on where you got them from, the store may offer hemming services, which would generally be preferable to the typical tailor, especially if the denim is indeed selvage). Alternatively, you could stack them (though this generally only looks good with smaller leg openings).

Washing/wearing them in the shower/otherwise soaking them won't do very much if the denim's been sanforized. If it's unsanforized (and they haven't already been washed/soaked), you'll lose around a couple of inches in the inseam, depending on the denim.

What denim did you buy?

12. Roxstar

Roxstar Senior member

just a quick question for anyone living in canada that has ordered from forwardforward and tres bien, did you get charged with duties or custom fees?

13. jgold47

jgold47 Senior member

Hopefully, when you wrote "selvage" you actually meant "raw" or "unwashed" because they're not the same, and not really even related. (Note: I'm not disputing that they're selvage, just that that detail is fairly immaterial to this discussion.)

As for the length, you have a couple of options. Obviously, if they're too long and you don't like cuffing, then you should get them hemmed (depending on where you got them from, the store may offer hemming services, which would generally be preferable to the typical tailor, especially if the denim is indeed selvage). Alternatively, you could stack them (though this generally only looks good with smaller leg openings).

Washing/wearing them in the shower/otherwise soaking them won't do very much if the denim's been sanforized. If it's unsanforized (and they haven't already been washed/soaked), you'll lose around a couple of inches in the inseam, depending on the denim.

What denim did you buy?

Dont hate, but I got a pair of LL bean Kathadin. They are the cone mills selvage. Forgive my lack of understanding, perhaps they are not RAW but pretty stiff. I dont want to hem them, then they shrink....

14. Doctor Quack

Doctor Quack Senior member

If you mean these, they're rinsed, so not "raw"; you won't lose too much in the inseam by washing them. You could wash them once and get that minimal shrinkage out of the way and then hem them. And you can generally stretch the inseam while it's still damp to gain back the lost length. Since they're LL Bean, I'm going to categorically advise you that stacking probably won't look very good because they're likely not cut in a way that would lend to that.

15. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

46 low achilles CPs - I know CPs run a bit large, would you say that a normal 13us would fit? 13.5?
    Are u 13US? Id aim for 12-12.5US (45-45.5) in CP's.