Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

The most trouble I have with anything clothing related is socks. Where the fuck do you buy decent socks? Everything I've found sucks or is way too expensive.

I have purchased most of mine from J. Crew on super sale, Gilt, my local Nordstrom Rack, and Nieman Last Call. J.Crew's cotton and marled socks aren't bad actually, plenty of washes and they stay up on the leg all day. Gilt usually has Pantherella and P. Smith socks and they are very nice too. Then Nieman's brands have done me well.

Would captoe or brogues look best with khaki waders? i don't wear boat shoes, i have a pair of vans authentics, and beeswax DB's but need something not so casual. thanks!

I don't know what khaki waders look like, but chinos in general can work with either in my opinion depending on the fit. You don't want slim chinos with clunky footwear for instance. I've worn both with chinos.

2. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

I've gone to the philly rack and haven't seen much there, that place is kind of a dump. I've never been to the last call though. I'll check it out. I don't really like ordering from gilt because the shipping seems so slow.

3. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I've gone to the philly rack and haven't seen much there, that place is kind of a dump. I've never been to the last call though. I'll check it out. I don't really like ordering from gilt because the shipping seems so slow.

Gilt usually takes 2-4 days to get to me everytime I've ordered unless partiuclar items are noted for delivery times weeks later, etc.

4. Hot Dog Day #49

ahhh, maybe because you're so close to where they deliver from. thought it was west coast but i guess they deliver from nyc probably?

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

ahhh, maybe because you're so close to where they deliver from. thought it was west coast but i guess they deliver from nyc probably?

It depends, some things come from New Jersey somethings come from mid-west I believe. You need to get over your fears of trying new things. It's a trend I'm noticing in your posts [​IMG]

6. Meis

Meis Senior member

lol wut? Their shipping is pretty fast... Maybe you mean the occasional delay before shipping - when they say it won't ship out for a couple weeks - btw don't necessarily believe this, from my experience if the item says it ships two weeks after the sale 1/3 of the time it really doesn't ship for a couple weeks but 2/3 of the time it ships out the next day.. sometimes the same day I ordered.

It depends, some things come from New Jersey somethings come from mid-west I believe. You need to get over your fears of trying new things. It's a trend I'm noticing in your posts [​IMG]

Lately everything I've bought has the shipping address as Kentucky... which has made things insanely fast... I'll get a shipping notification one afternoon and the very next morning ups is dropping it off at my door - less than 24hrs.

7. Hot Dog Day #49

Yeah it's true [​IMG]

lol wut? Their shipping is pretty fast... Maybe you mean the occasional delay before shipping - when they say it won't ship out for a couple weeks - btw don't necessarily believe this, from my experience if the item says it ships two weeks after the sale 1/3 of the time it really doesn't ship for a couple weeks but 2/3 of the time it ships out the next day.. sometimes the same day I ordered.
    Yeah I guess I mean the delay. Everything I ever want on gilt sells out so fast I never really have a chance though.

8. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

9. *#..

*#.. Senior member

Can anyone characterize the size difference between the J. Crew Regular Fit, Tailored Fit (J. Crew Factory online), and their new Slim Fit offering for their casual shirts...unfortunately, I do not have a J. Crew store nearby to try these on...any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Can't help you, but you could search for it here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=43730 Or ask them, I'm sure someone there will know.

10. *#..

*#.. Senior member

Also, someone pmed me about the sizing of my uniqlo button-down. For easy searching reference, I'll go ahead and post it. Here's the measurements on my large, uniqlo/+j white button-down shirt:

p-p: 19.5
    shoulder: 17
    length: 28
    back length: 30

I measured seam-seam, and the length from the point where the collar touches the shoulder seam, straight down to get the length/back length. It fits like a small. I actually bought this in Europe, so hopefully the sizing is similar in the NYC store. Not sure if the +j/uniqlo collaborations were different from normal uniqlo sizing. If anyone would like to confirm sizing in the NYC uniqlo store, that would be great. A lot of people seem to ask questions about uniqlo shirt sizing.

11. transient

transient Senior member

Also, someone pmed me about the sizing of my uniqlo button-down. For easy searching reference, I'll go ahead and post it. Here's the measurements on my large, uniqlo/+j white button-down shirt:

p-p: 19.5
    shoulder: 17
    length: 28
    back length: 30

I measured seam-seam, and the length from the point where the collar touches the shoulder seam, straight down to get the length/back length. It fits like a small. I actually bought this in Europe, so hopefully the sizing is similar in the NYC store. Not sure if the +j/uniqlo collaborations were different from normal uniqlo sizing. If anyone would like to confirm sizing in the NYC uniqlo store, that would be great. A lot of people seem to ask questions about uniqlo shirt sizing.

Yes. If someone could confirm on sizing of Uniqlo's current line of small shirts I'd be most appreciative!

12. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

I'm looking for a slim/skinny suit to wear in a dressy-casual context. Something like a Dior Homme suit or the discontinued Naked&Famous suits. Any suggestions?

13. *#..

*#.. Senior member

I'm looking for a slim/skinny suit to wear in a dressy-casual context. Something like a Dior Homme suit or the discontinued Naked&Famous suits. Any suggestions?
    Have you thought about Thick as Thieves? Not sure what your price-point is, but their suits are an excellent value for the money. I'm very satisfied with my bespoke charcoal sharkskin in the house cut.

14. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Have you thought about Thick as Thieves? Not sure what your price-point is, but their suits are an excellent value for the money. I'm very satisfied with my bespoke charcoal sharkskin in the house cut.

I gave it a brief look before, but I can't remember how much they cost.

15. Hot Dog Day #49