Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Senior member

Looking for denim suggestions for something that fits long and tapered (a la 19cm) but roomier in the top block...

Anyone?

Levi's new 520 I think it is? I haven't seen them in person, but their site suggests they might be close to what you are talking about. But then again they may be too slouchy...dunno.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

3. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

Levi's new 520 I think it is? I haven't seen them in person, but their site suggests they might be close to what you are talking about. But then again they may be too slouchy...dunno.

Those don't look too far away man. They won't be overly sloucy through the thighs and seat for me cause I'm bigger built than the model.

However, I'm really looking for raw denim which I shoulda mentioned!

4. jthan09

jthan09 Senior member

Does anyone know where I can find a white pair of the Commes des Garcons x Generic Surplus Hunting Low sneaker in white?

The stores that I've come across are only selling the navy version.

Thanks.

5. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Hi guys, just picked up a pair of Dior Homme Jeans, have any of you ever made any waist alterations on a pair of DH? Or is it stupid to make alterations when i just picked up them (off the bay) I sized legs correctly (a little snug) but the waist is a few CM's too wide.

6. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

Hi guys, just picked up a pair of Dior Homme Jeans, have any of you ever made any waist alterations on a pair of DH? Or is it stupid to make alterations when i just picked up them (off the bay) I sized legs correctly (a little snug) but the waist is a few CM's too wide.

Is a few cm really that bad? I feel like when I try jeans on they fit fine but when I'm wearing them I could be doing with a few extra cm to move around anyways..

7. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Is a few cm really that bad? I feel like when I try jeans on they fit fine but when I'm wearing them I could be doing with a few extra cm to move around anyways..
    Good question, i havnt had it done yet - i am still considering it. Right now i need to sack them a bit to make them fit properly. I am just afraid of how it actually looks to get waist alterations.

8. BrownieElf

BrownieElf Active Member

which is best for all seasons, rain snow

clarks desert boot, the bushacre, or the bushacre II.

And are these true to size? My feet are around 11 1/2 E (wide)

plan on wearing them with indigo jeans, or light chino's. looking at brown, or beeswax. Any other color reccomendations?

9. Barnabus

Barnabus Senior member

Quick dress shirt tailoring question

I have a 19 and half in neck and a 47 inch chest with a 34 inch waist. Given that, my shirts that fit my body tend to leave with me with the inability to be able to button the top button of my dress shirts so i'm curious as to whether its possible for a tailor to some how alter the neck size of my shirts for me ?Or am i doomed to having to get my shirts custom made if i wish to wear a tie? [​IMG]

10. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

19.5 inch neck is going to be tough/impossible to find off the rack. Go MTM at Modern Tailor, Cotton Work, etc. Find a shirt that you like the fit of except for the neck and give them those measurements

11. bowlie

bowlie Active Member

do i need to use imageshack or similar to upload pics?? if so whats the best one?? thanks

12. Doctor Quack

Doctor Quack Senior member

Anything but imageshack, it will rape your soul.

Photobucket and imgur seem to be suitable for most people.

13. 123abc123

123abc123 Senior member

14. BrownieElf

BrownieElf Active Member

I fit perfect in 10 1/2 M clarks bushacre 2 boots.

My feet measure 11 1/2 on the foot thing. b or c for width. Looking at used Allen Edmonds, can anyone recommend a size?

shoes i'm looking at are 11/12 c in size

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

any way to fix RO double layers that have pulling on them? Now the shirt is like a skirt, fuck

Sigh, $400 down the drain if not, and I barely wore the shizzles. The black one I have still is kind of intact, but the gray one is like the single layer ones, length wise, lol