Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

Can anyone recommend a bomber/flight jacket in a black canvas/cotton?
    Something similar to this:
    [​IMG]

anyone able to help?

2. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

anyone able to help?

little different but this geller is nice in person

3. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

Anyone know of any unsanforized jeans that will end up about 30-31 waist, 11-11.5 thigh, about 7.5 leg opening?

4. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

How to tie with style such a long scarf?

[​IMG]

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

what's the consensus on grenson boots? quality is 10/10? how does one go about ordering a pair? [​IMG] no shipping to US

6. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

what's the consensus on grenson boots? quality is 10/10?

how does one go about ordering a pair? [​IMG] no shipping to US

order from end clothing, pediwear, sometimes tres bien has some

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

do you know if pediwear sizes in UK? and how to size grensons?

8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

do you know if pediwear sizes in UK? and how to size grensons?
    Ya they are in UK sizes, idk how to size them though I would guess one size down from your US

9. BrownieElf

BrownieElf Active Member

Dress shirt question.

I got fitted for a Ben Sherman shirt at Nordstrom, I tried on a 15 1/2 32/33 and there was too much space around the neck. The salesman recommended i order a 15 32/33 after seeing it on me.

I ordered a NWT BS shirt off of ebay, and when i put it on its tight in the chest with the top 2 buttons undone....feels better with 3 undone. Neck is perfect with it buttoned for a tie. sleeve length is good.

What are my options? I'm sure when i wash it, it's going to shrink right?

Guess i don't understand the measurements. How do i get a shirt thats bigger in the chest, but has the proper neck/sleeve size? Get larger shirts and get them taylored?

10. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

what's the consensus on grenson boots? quality is 10/10?

how does one go about ordering a pair? [​IMG] no shipping to US

Depends if you're going for the made in England ones or not. The ones made overseas aren't bad at all, but certainly not up to the MIE quality.

11. skalana

skalana New Member

Hi guys! Quick question: in your experience, does the leg room amount change with the jeans with the waist size of 38" and 36"? I am not talking about the length of the legs, but the amount of room they allow in thighs and seat, is the cut fuller in thighs and seat in 38-waist sized jeans than in the 36-sized ones? Specifically i'm talking about American Eagle Relaxed jeans, since their 38W jeans fit me absolutely fine in thighs and seat, but the waist measurement shows they are actually 41.7 in waist which is horrible (they fall off me when without a belt). All of my other jeans (Levi's 550, Lee, are 38Wx34L) and the waist fits me fine. Levi's 501 are too tight in seat and thighs so I can't wear them. P.S. I can't go to one of their stores to try them on since I live outside the USA.

12. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

Looking for denim suggestions for something that fits long and tapered (a la 19cm) but roomier in the top block...

Anyone?

13. Doctor Quack

Doctor Quack Senior member

^^ There are usually incremental differences in thighs, seat, knee, etc. when comparing waist sizes; otherwise they would be out of proportion (or, technically, a different cut).

As to the specific thing you mentioned, have you tried e-mailing/calling AE? Not knowing anything about AE denim, the best I can say is probably. Also, you can't really depend on tagged sizes, especially between manufacturers/designers.

14. BrownieElf

BrownieElf Active Member

Dress shirt question.

I got fitted for a Ben Sherman shirt at Nordstrom, I tried on a 15 1/2 32/33 and there was too much space around the neck. The salesman recommended i order a 15 32/33 after seeing it on me.

I ordered a NWT BS shirt off of ebay, and when i put it on its tight in the chest with the top 2 buttons undone....feels better with 3 undone. Neck is perfect with it buttoned for a tie. sleeve length is good.

What are my options? I'm sure when i wash it, it's going to shrink right?

Guess i don't understand the measurements. How do i get a shirt thats bigger in the chest, but has the proper neck/sleeve size? Get larger shirts and get them taylored?

anyone?

15. skalana

skalana New Member

^^ There are usually incremental differences in thighs, seat, knee, etc. when comparing waist sizes; otherwise they would be out of proportion (or, technically, a different cut).

As to the specific thing you mentioned, have you tried e-mailing/calling AE? Not knowing anything about AE denim, the best I can say is probably. Also, you can't really depend on tagged sizes, especially between manufacturers/designers.

Thanks. They won't bother answering my emails. And I cannot call international numbers from my location. [​IMG]