Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. smbkr

smbkr Member

I have this APC jacket and I don't really know what to wear it with. Any suggestions??

[​IMG]

I have a maroon/grey striped Vanishing Elephant sweater that looks alright with it, but other than that and the white shirt in the pics from APC I don't really know what else to wear with it.

2. Rallen

Rallen Member

How are Levis 511's in sizes compared to 510's?

I have a pair of 32"/32" jeans in 510s. Now I am about to buy some 511 shorts. Should I just buy 32" again, or are the sizes different?
    And what about 501s?

3. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

How are Levis 511's in sizes compared to 510's?

I have a pair of 32"/32" jeans in 510s. Now I am about to buy some 511 shorts. Should I just buy 32" again, or are the sizes different?
    And what about 501s?

Reckon 511 is tight and 510 is snug.

Ask for all different measurements of everything you buy, (almost) never buy of others recommendations.

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

What are some good blogs for looks at recently released items and trends? akin to highsnobiety.com or something along those lines. Preferably ones that highlight items obtainable by the middle class.

5. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

Looking for denim suggestions for something that fits long and tapered (a la 19cm) but roomier in the top block...

6. Rallen

Rallen Member

Reckon 511 is tight and 510 is snug.

Ask for all different measurements of everything you buy, (almost) never buy of others recommendations.

I know that already - buy thanks! [​IMG] .. What I was thinking was more whether I should be able to fit the same sizes, even though the fit isn't the same? I guess the waist-size is identical no matter what fit it is, right?

.. tak for hjælpen [​IMG]

7. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

I know that already - buy thanks! [​IMG] .. What I was thinking was more whether I should be able to fit the same sizes, even though the fit isn't the same? I guess the waist-size is identical no matter what fit it is, right?

.. tak for hjælpen [​IMG]

Hmm, that is a hard question. Sometimes, yes. But if you buy some jeans with a even lower rise you might want them to sit lower, and with a high rise - higher up, so i would not just account for waist size but also rise, thigh and everything to get a good fit.

.. Selv tak, hvis du vil have at jeg uddyber det mÃ¥ du endelige smide mig en PM [​IMG]

8. Rallen

Rallen Member

Ye. I guess we pretty much agree in the end. It really does change a lot which model you're in. I personally wear everything between 29 and 32 in different brands and fits. I was just hoping that someone would tell me that 510 and 511 are similar enough for me to order the same size as usual without trying beforehand [​IMG]

9. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

Can anyone recommend a bomber/flight jacket in a black canvas/cotton?
    Something similar to this:
    [​IMG]

10. lemonade soda

lemonade soda Well-Known Member

Has anyone worn the MMM painted GATs for a while? The paint on the soles comes off within a few wears, but does the paint on the suede uppers come ever come off completely?

11. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Has anyone worn the MMM painted GATs for a while? The paint on the soles comes off within a few wears, but does the paint on the suede uppers come ever come off completely?

This was debated earlier in the baller sneaker thread, no is the answer. only on the sole

12. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Looking for a relatively cheap unstructured blazer. Preferably something $200 or lower.

13. altemp

altemp Senior member

If I'm 9.5 in most sneaks, 9 in purcells, 8.5 clarks dbs, what would be my MMM high top size? 41 or 42?

Thanks

14. jakekrait

jakekrait Well-Known Member

looking to buy a Full Brogue in the $150-200 range. Any shop recommendations in new york/manhattan?

15. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

If I'm 9.5 in most sneaks, 9 in purcells, 8.5 clarks dbs, what would be my MMM high top size? 41 or 42?

Thanks