Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. jslade

jslade Senior member

Short people of SF, what casual shirts (oxfords) do you buy? I'm 172cm (a bit short of 5'8") with a body length of 58 cm (a bit short of 23"). I just bought a Gitman shirt sz M, and it fits well, but as with every other shirt I feel it is a tad to long to wear untucked.

Do you have any OTR suggestions or is mtm/tailoring the only option?

Wolf v. Goat and Band of Outsiders do the job very well -- short and slim hits the spot.

2. Berzerk91

Berzerk91 Well-Known Member

3. BuffaloWang

BuffaloWang Senior member

Haven't gone shopping or got new clothes in awhile. Are there any good stickies/threads on teen/high school wardrobe or clothing fashions? Anything will help. Thanks!

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I don't think there are any threads regarding high school kids specifically, but there are a number of threads regarding college wardrobe's, which are easy to find if you search.

Speaking from personal experience, I know I was always a little worried to wear anything too out there while in HS. If you are just trying to look a little better in your clothing as opposed to trying to replicate a certain aesthetic a good bet would be to get some nice raw slim straight jeans (APC NS is the standard answer, but there are many options), some oxford button downs that fit well (shoulders fit, body is slim, and they are not too long), and some decent foot wear (simple sneakers, some boots for winter, etc.) and maybe some blank AA t's. The biggest thing is to get clothing that fits.

I'm not really the best person to ask though, hopefully someone one more knowledgeable to fill in what I missed/stated incorrectly.

5. asr10 user

asr10 user Member

6. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

MMM = maison martin margiela
    GAT = german army trainer

all white version does exist but was from a previous season. MMM releases different versions every season.

I'm pretty sure I've seen an all white leather version this season. Best bet would be Tres Bien Shop or maybe Oki-Ni, Margiela webshop, the Corner...

I have the rubberized all white version from FW10 so there's that too.

7. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

they do patch work on unwashed denim?

oh no. it's probably way too dirty for anyone to work on. however your mother might be willing to do it. just wash the jeans man.

+1. have some respect for your fellow man!

8. jaac

jaac Senior member

Anyone wanna proxy me a pair of those ronny fieg x clarks blue Db's from David Z. pm me thanks.

9. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

^ try the official proxy thread in the FS/WTB subforum.

10. *#..

*#.. Senior member

Haven't gone shopping or got new clothes in awhile. Are there any good stickies/threads on teen/high school wardrobe or clothing fashions? Anything will help. Thanks!
    How old are you 16, 17? You're probably still growing, don't worry about nice clothes yet, especially footwear. I know a few people that gave away their shoes because of late growth spurts past 18. Only buy fitted clothing like a beater hoodie, v-neck sweater, maybe a pair of chinos, and a few casual button ups. Invest in raw denim if you've tried them on and like them, but it really isn't necessary. You're in high school. It's good that you're aware of your steez, but just enjoy your HS years brah.

11. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I have the rubberized all white version from FW10 so there's that too.

That's rubberized leather, right? How is it different?

Also, anyone identify these? I think this is the style I'm looking for...is this a one-time thing or do they have models they consistently release?

[​IMG]

12. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Those were released two season ago? Maybe one season ago. I don't think they will do them again any time soon.

13. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

How are the sales in NYC at the end of may?

14. Mack77

Mack77 New Member

Hey Guys, Anyone know who makes this leather jacket?
    [​IMG]

15. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Thought I would post this here as well even though it's more MC:

Anyone know where in NYC or online I can find a solid white silk or broadcloth pocket square? Looking for something relatively inexpensive.