Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Same here, either the shoulders are too small or the chest is too large. BoO fits me fairly well but they're a little too short for me. They probably have the best OTR fit in the chest and shoulders in my case though. Have you considered just having your shirts tailored? Taking in the sides works for me, or alternatively go MTM.

Thanks man, it sounds like BoO just might work. A friend told me it was cut for slim builds with zero taper so they must have changed the fit? Any other brands more friendly on the wallet but still good quality? I usually do buy shirts that fit the shoulders and have the body tailored, but if I can find the right brand and avoid the hassle that would be great.

2. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

don't use hangers for knits. not even tshirts.
    You are most likely right, but how about those hangers with "clippers" for jeans? For two reasons, it would save up some space in my closet, since i have more hanging room than storage - and the most importent, it would protect my jeans/pants/chinos shorts whatever better.

3. drum

drum Senior member

Thanks man, it sounds like BoO just might work. A friend told me it was cut for slim builds with zero taper so they must have changed the fit? Any other brands more friendly on the wallet but still good quality? I usually do buy shirts that fit the shoulders and have the body tailored, but if I can find the right brand and avoid the hassle that would be great.

You have to size up for BoO, but the measurements are only off by 0.5" or so for me except for the length (too short for me). They aren't particularly good value for money though, I found buying/tailoring Epaulet shirts to be much more cost effective.

OTR shirts are never going to fit me perfectly though, so I usually buy MTM avoid the hassle of bringing shirts to a tailor. I'm not sure if they still offer them, but I'm pretty happy with the ToJ shirts I got a while back. At $120 or so they don't break the bank, but make sure you get your measurements right.

4. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Does anyone know where to get (new) shoelaces that fits the once on the left here: [​IMG] They are Lanvin high-tops 2008 i reckon, but i have no Lanvin stores in my country, i have already emailed Lanvin, but i am not sure how much they can be of assistance with high-tops from previous seasons and not even a store in my country. So if anyone know where to purchase Lanvin shoe-laces like the once used above please let me know. (they are about 165cm long)

5. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

6. silvermagenta

silvermagenta Well-Known Member

You can get oxford cloth shirts that don't button down, but obviously they're no longer OCBD's... Pretty much any English shirtmaker sells them.

Ok, I just researched it, and apparently you can have an OCBD w/o a BD collar. the BD in OCBD actually means the buttondown placket.

thats all

7. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Can someone give me some background on "MMM GATS" and what that stands for?

I'm in the market for some white sneakers and I know CPs are all the rage, but "MMM GATs" keep coming up here in SF. I've seen it referred to as the most comfortable shoe and I have also seen CPs referred to as not very comfortable.

Does MMM GATs come in an all white version, something similar to the original CP achilles low?

9. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

wedge sole

Thanks! The Cristy sole was what i was looking for.

10. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Can someone give me some background on "MMM GATS" and what that stands for?

I'm in the market for some white sneakers and I know CPs are all the rage, but "MMM GATs" keep coming up here in SF. I've seen it referred to as the most comfortable shoe and I have also seen CPs referred to as not very comfortable.

Does MMM GATs come in an all white version, something similar to the original CP achilles low?

MMM = maison martin margiela
    GAT = german army trainer

all white version does exist but was from a previous season. MMM releases different versions every season.

11. Doctor Quack

Doctor Quack Senior member

MMM = Maison Martin Margiela
    GAT = German Army Trainers

A number of different manufacturers/designers/whatever make GATs in a variety of colors and so forth.

ETA: Beaten to the punch because I R SLOW

12. mreggen

mreggen Senior member

Short people of SF, what casual shirts (oxfords) do you buy? I'm 172cm (a bit short of 5'8") with a body length of 58 cm (a bit short of 23"). I just bought a Gitman shirt sz M, and it fits well, but as with every other shirt I feel it is a tad to long to wear untucked.

Do you have any OTR suggestions or is mtm/tailoring the only option?

13. tozzy

tozzy Member

european onlinestore for WolfvsGoat?
    not really feel like paying 40+$ in shipping + taxes for ~100$ shirts.

14. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

You are most likely right, but how about those hangers with "clippers" for jeans?

For two reasons, it would save up some space in my closet, since i have more hanging room than storage - and the most importent, it would protect my jeans/pants/chinos shorts whatever better.

depends on what fabric the pants are. if they are hard wearing then the clips won't do much if any damage. that being said it will stretch/weaken them slightly. do i think it's a big deal? no. hang your jeans like that. i personally hang pants with those. at the same time though it could probably cause some fading if you leave them there a long time, i don't know for sure.

15. stucco

stucco Member

Is Filson's lifetime guarantee for real? Say for instance a strap ripped off, would they definitely replace it?