Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Lane

Lane Senior member

are rick owens/nicholas & mark tank tops see through? Like will I get nipple gating and shit cuz I want to buy some tanks for the summer and stufflez.

2. duofold

duofold Well-Known Member

Differences between Spring Court G1 and G2?

3. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

So, I have some blazers that poof out in the lapel/chest area when buttoned. Like, the distance between the lapel and my chest will be an inch or two when buttoned, instead of lying flat.

What causes this, exactly? Is it a fit problem in the waist, in the chest, in the shoulders? Too small? Too big?

4. Atleee

Atleee Senior member

Are there any other cheaper alternative to Sanders bucks/mark mcnairy than florsheim kearny?

5. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Those with an athletic build (broad shoulders, V-taper), what's your go-to brand for oxford shirts?? I usually have to size up my shirts in order to get proper shoulder fit but then the torso is too roomy.

I've tried some Gitman and Wings and Horns and had the above issue. Haven't had a chance to try BoO. Any recommendations?

6. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

I wear size 30 in apc new standards. What size should I buy in petite standards, 30 or 31? Alternatively. What brands have a similar cut to petite standards but are a lighter weight? Thanks

7. oisin

oisin Senior member

Need a pair of summer/beachy low-top canvas shoes (white/natural canvas), not chucks.

current thoughts are Tretorn Skymra SL and Krona Sand, PF Flyer Center Lo or SumFun Lo.

Thoughts on these? And, what else you got for me?

8. drum

drum Senior member

Those with an athletic build (broad shoulders, V-taper), what's your go-to brand for oxford shirts?? I usually have to size up my shirts in order to get proper shoulder fit but then the torso is too roomy.

I've tried some Gitman and Wings and Horns and had the above issue. Haven't had a chance to try BoO. Any recommendations?

Same here, either the shoulders are too small or the chest is too large. BoO fits me fairly well but they're a little too short for me. They probably have the best OTR fit in the chest and shoulders in my case though. Have you considered just having your shirts tailored? Taking in the sides works for me, or alternatively go MTM.

9. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

What kind of t-shirt functions the best as an undershirt (for a button-down) - crew, V, deep-v, or U? (from AA)

I guess I'd like to occasionally wear them on their own as well, but that cuts out deep-v and U

10. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

What's the fit like on seavees?

I'm a 14US but they only go up to 13

Anyone make similar quality slipons?

11. BuffaloWang

BuffaloWang Senior member

Haven't gone shopping or got new clothes in awhile.
    Are there any good stickies/threads on teen/high school wardrobe or clothing fashions?

Anything will help.
    Thanks!

12. Mr_Incognito

Mr_Incognito Senior member

Please help me identify the shoes worn by Mr. Pinault in this picture.

[​IMG]

13. sdmarcus24

sdmarcus24 Active Member

looking for a pair of dress-y pants (chinos, khakis) that fit just like new cures. i have long skinny legs and i like the small leg openings. wearing a size 31. any advice?

14. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

So, I have some blazers that poof out in the lapel/chest area when buttoned. Like, the distance between the lapel and my chest will be an inch or two when buttoned, instead of lying flat.

What causes this, exactly? Is it a fit problem in the waist, in the chest, in the shoulders? Too small? Too big?

the chest is likely too small.

15. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

How to store jeans, and perhaps sweaters.

The last couple of days i have been shopping, i have seen that many places store their jeans by using those coat hangers with clippers:

Like this here; borrowed the picture (member furey posted this)
    [​IMG]

Is this to save room? Or would it actually preserve the jeans better ? I would guess that it would prevent unnessarry folding marks.

Also, if anyone has used their time to search; have anyone found any coat-hangers that doesnt give your sweaters those "shoulder nipples"? And good quality ones (wood if possible) with "clippers; like the posted picture above)

Thanks!

don't use hangers for knits. not even tshirts.