Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

what are other companies that would resemble julius/RO?

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

if you're trying to find something "similar" that resembles RO/julus because of the price you'll never be happy. Those two brands have a distinct style which is unique hence the pricepoint.

3. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

if you're trying to find something "similar" that resembles RO/julus because of the price you'll never be happy. Those two brands have a distinct style which is unique hence the pricepoint.
    nah, i like the style and that's why i'm looking for more. i forgot about cloak, but any others?

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

Boris Bidjan Saberi (my personal next fav)
    Viridi Anne (more conservative)
    Attachment (kinda weird brand because its all over the place)
    Odyn Vovk
    Silent by Damir Doma

these have hints of similarities. I'd say Boris is the next brand that is most similar. The rest are a big stretch, but would probably interest you.

http://darklandsberlin.com/site/cate...-bidjan-saberi

5. Mossy

Mossy Senior member

While trying on some chinos at a SF-approved store today, I noticed some white lines running down the back of the pant legs. I mentioned it to the salesperson, who seemed pretty sure that they were just superficial. We looked at the other sizes and they appeared to have the same thing.

So I bought them and threw them in a cold wash when I got home, expecting that the lines would disappear. I just hung them to dry, and the lines are still there, and just as noticeable as before.

Do you guys think I will still be able to exchange them even though I took the tags off and cold-washed them?

6. gort

gort Senior member

7. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

When you measure the "pit-to-pit" on tops, do you measure just the width of the shirt from end to end under the arms, or do you measure starting from the seam right under the armpit?

Most of my clothes, like the shirt below, is wider in the back than the front. So what would be considered the P2P on this?

http://i.imgur.com/4MOnu.jpg

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

yup its the seam to seam

9. contactdo

contactdo Well-Known Member

Question about shoe width. I've been getting my dress shoes in 10.5 D, lets use my AE 5th Ave's as an example. They look look sleek and narrow with the shoe trees in them, but when I wear them, my pinky toe and the balls of my feet make the shoes look a little wider. Obviously, they will look wider with my feet in them, but is it normal for the aesthetic of the shoe to change a little bit? Or does this mean I need to go up in width? My feet feel comfortable though, and it doesn't feel too tight. I'm wondering b/c I am about to order the Alden Roy boots, and I want to get the correct size.

10. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Going to Chicago in a couple of weeks and am interested in checking out SW&D shops, but it seems like with the exception of Apt #9 they are all closed (Jake, Hejfina, etc.).

Where to go?

11. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Started wearing tighter jeans and can't handle keys digging into my front leg (in the pocket). Going to start using a tether on belt loop but don't like sounding like a janitor with my keys jiggling. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

12. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Started wearing tighter jeans and can't handle keys digging into my front leg (in the pocket). Going to start using a tether on belt loop but don't like sounding like a janitor with my keys jiggling. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Look no further.

13. drum

drum Senior member

When you guys are shipping to the United Kingdom (from the US), do you usually ship via Priority Mail? I know that First-Class doesn't provide any tracking, and that Priority Mail provides tracking in the form of a Customs Number (that provides PayPal seller coverage)? Correct me if I'm wrong -- I haven't shipped across the pond for a while now.

Provided you're sending a package and not an envelope, First Class is usually trackable using the customs number, but the details only show up in the UK and not on the USPS website. I'm not sure whether or not that qualifies for paypal seller coverage though.

14. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Is it just me or is it impossible to find a reasonably priced chore jacket (3-4 buttons, 3-4 patch pockets) these days?

I'm looking for one in navy, lightweight (cotton and unlined) and under or around $80-100. I don't feel like paying a premium for an over-designed piece of designer wear since I intend to use the jacket for more then hanging around with hipsters. Links/suggestions welcome.

15. Derek92

Derek92 Senior member

Can black balmoral full broque long wings be worn with jeans? Or are they too dressy? Thanks in advance.