Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Ermac

Ermac Senior member

Can anyone ID these sneakers? Looking for a gray pair, the look nice.

[​IMG]

2. mockingbird

mockingbird Member

What are some good brands for sports shirts? In terms of fit and quality.

3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

where is the best place to get AA t-shirts? are the ones on ebay legit?

4. Ermac

Ermac Senior member

I've heard the Amazon ones are legit. I usually just get mine in store, since the fit sometimes varies. The store in the Montgomery Mall is nice.

5. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

i got 10 off ebay and they seem legit lol

6. jslade

jslade Senior member

When you guys are shipping to the United Kingdom (from the US), do you usually ship via Priority Mail? I know that First-Class doesn't provide any tracking, and that Priority Mail provides tracking in the form of a Customs Number (that provides PayPal seller coverage)? Correct me if I'm wrong -- I haven't shipped across the pond for a while now.

7. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Ermac -> where did you find the picture? It might help find the sneakers, i actually like them too.

8. yvain

yvain Member

does anyone know how I would go about specially-ordering a Carol Christian Poell jacket? I have no idea. Who do I need to contact and what information do I need to provide them? The CCP website is extraordinarily unhelpful [​IMG]

9. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

does anyone know how I would go about specially-ordering a Carol Christian Poell jacket? I have no idea. Who do I need to contact and what information do I need to provide them?

The CCP website is extraordinarily unhelpful [​IMG]

Be careful, you're not allowed to buy one unless you've participated in years of soul searching over at SZ first...only the enlightened know how to order one.

10. yvain

yvain Member

Be careful, you're not allowed to buy one unless you've participated in years of soul searching over at SZ first...only the enlightened know how to order one.
    haha I just registered there too and their captcha was "last name of the designer named Rick O" [​IMG] I'm very very new to all this I just want to skip the retail-chain type luxury brands (eg. Burberry) but it's very confusing and has a lot of hiccups e.g. I started talking with Atelier New York told them my size (5'5, 44 circumference chest) and they sent me 2-3 images of jackets they had, e.g. an MA+ etc. and I showed the MA+ to someone and she noticed how it seemed really thin and shiny and didn't align right etc and I did a bunch of reading on MA+ and realized that what we're basically buying when we buy jackets from them is like, seasonal experimentation.. (eg. the jacket is high around the waist, and has really long arms etc.) and I'm like at that point I might as well say screw buying a weird $3500 jacket and I might as well get a Burberry .. I just don't know at this point. I live in India so getting something so phenomenally pricey shipped without trying it on, from retailers who won't do a refund (just exchange) sounds quite precarious. the CCPs seem less weird/experimental though so I might have a shot there..

11. Ermac

Ermac Senior member

Ermac -> where did you find the picture? It might help find the sneakers, i actually like them too.

Someone posted the pic in another thread. Looks like it came from this german site

http://www.mshi.de/nudie-grim-tim-or...ep-shades.html

Anyone?

12. jslade

jslade Senior member

haha I just registered there too and their captcha was "last name of the designer named Rick O" [​IMG]

I'm very very new to all this I just want to skip the retail-chain type luxury brands (eg. Burberry) but it's very confusing and has a lot of hiccups e.g. I started talking with Atelier New York told them my size (5'5, 44 circumference chest) and they sent me 2-3 images of jackets they had, e.g. an MA+ etc. and I showed the MA+ to someone and she noticed how it seemed really thin and shiny and didn't align right etc and I did a bunch of reading on MA+ and realized that what we're basically buying when we buy jackets from them is like, seasonal experimentation.. (eg. the jacket is high around the waist, and has really long arms etc.) and I'm like at that point I might as well say screw buying a weird $3500 jacket and I might as well get a Burberry .. I just don't know at this point. I live in India so getting something so phenomenally pricey shipped without trying it on, from retailers who won't do a refund (just exchange) sounds quite precarious.

the CCPs seem less weird/experimental though so I might have a shot there..

You are 5'5" with a 44 inch chest? You must have a hard time finding clothes that fit...

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

wow is everyone spouting this crapola now? Not everyone on that site held those beliefs. It was a handful of people, and they were met with opposition even with SZ posters. Stop bandwagoning stuff people say on here to look cool when you aren't any better than the ones you mock.

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

15. yvain

yvain Member

You are 5'5" with a 44 inch chest? You must have a hard time finding clothes that fit...
    No, not really.. maybe I measured my chest circumference wrong? Does it sound too big or too small? I actually called atelier again and they said they do special orders too .. and in the process did manage to puzzle a bit about the chest size measurement I gave them and asked me to send back more measurements from a current jacket so yeah I guess I'll just work with them in terms of what I need.. now the matter of putting this phenomenal amount of jacket-money together